8am...must disembark?

skt4cruise

I didin't realize they would provide assistance throughout disembarkation. In that case, just do the reverse: "Okay, everyone hauling bags is off the ship and into the terminal...NOW let's start leading the other passengers to the gangway."

By the way, you really can't just rush past everyone when you have Express. Every time we have done it (which is every time we've cruised since they started it) we have been led off in a line.

By the way, you really can't just rush past everyone when you have Express. Every time we have done it (which is every time we've cruised since they started it) we have been led off in a line.
Yes, they can. The wait at the end of the gangway can be 5 - 10 minutes, or more, before someone from the terminal comes to push the wheelchair. The ship's personnel can only push a chair over the gangway and no further; someone from the terminal must push it from there. More than enough time for lots of passengers to walk past, Express or otherwise.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but what do you want the other passengers to do while you are waiting 5-10 minutes at the end of the gangway for a shoreside wheelchair attendant? Do you want them to stop and wait behind you for 5-10 minutes until the attendant arrives and can assist you the rest of the way?

Sorry, I'm just not following you, because I haven't seen any disembarking passengers using wheelchairs while I was using Express. There was no one rush past (or even go around politely) because it's just been one line for each gangway.

Archived