Apia, Samoa

Kween Karen

I have posted a question here before but am trying to get a few more responses.

I am looking to book a tour in Apia, Samoa. Bertie's Tours were recommended by one person. I have been in contact with him and he says I can set up an individual itinerary. There are 2 things I really want to do and am looking for suggestions on any other MUST sees.

I want to go to the Piula Cave Pools and I want to spend time at Lalomanu Beach (supposedly one of the most beautiful beaches in the South Pacific)

Should I just arrange for these 2 things or are there other recommendations to fit in?

When are you going? We are booked on Berties tour in October, but this will be our first visit to Apia, so can't comment until we return, and that won't be until November 22nd. The beach you mention is included in the tour.

I will be there November 20th so you will have been and gone by then. My ship leaves Seattle on September 26th however so I won't be able to get a review from you.

Which tour did you select from him? Did you customize your own? What does it include?

Hi,

I did a tour with Mark from Berties Tour (Mark owns Berties Guesthouse in Apia). He picked us up on time from the wharf. Our first stop was an ATM where we all changed our money. Next stop was to Robert Louis Stevenson Museum, Mark likes to stop here first to beat the ship tour buses, which we did! It was a wonderful tour and we were lucky enough to get the founder of the museum to guide us around.

Next was church/temple, then a couple of waterfalls, one which demonstrated opening a uses of a coconut. Next it was a long drive to Lolomanu beach where we had a swim and lunch, we opted to stay here a bit longer, then a drive back to Apia where Mark droppped us at Aggie Grays hotel so we could shop and have drinks. It was a wonderful, informative day. Mark is a lovely person who has a Samoan wife and is very knowledgable.

I have more info and pictures here, http://cheznandy.travellerspoint.com/35/

Enjoy your cruise to Samoa!!

Chez

xx

No worries Bucky, if you click on contents there is info on all our other holidays and cruises, thought it was about time I put it all together!! I am in the process of completing them all.

Chez

xx

• 3 years later...
I have posted a question here before but am trying to get a few more responses.

I am looking to book a tour in Apia, Samoa. Bertie's Tours were recommended by one person. I have been in contact with him and he says I can set up an individual itinerary. There are 2 things I really want to do and am looking for suggestions on any other MUST sees.

I want to go to the Piula Cave Pools and I want to spend time at Lalomanu Beach (supposedly one of the most beautiful beaches in the South Pacific)

Should I just arrange for these 2 things or are there other recommendations to fit in?

Karen, we are on HAL 36 day Vancouver to Australia/New Zealand on Oct 1 and were looking to book with Bertie's tours. Can you send us a link or some contact info for Mark so we can arrange a tour. We don't post our email on boards in it's true form but you can substitute the at and dot for the symbols and squeeze together to get our email address. This prevents the BOTS from picking up our email address and selling it to junk mail companies. This happened to us before and it was a nightmare. You can contact us at vkfenton at telus dot net

Thanks in advance

Vince & Karen

Archived