Which cruise should we take  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which cruise should we take

• NCL Pearl - It is cheaper
    • NCL Pearl - it has better ports
    • NCL - it is out of Miami... not San Jaun
    • Princess - Better ports
    • No opinion.... just want to post

We are looking at taking a cruise for our 5th anni. it is in March 2010. Here are the 2 crusies we are looking at.

1. NCL Pearl - Eastern - March 13 out of Miami.

cost - 2245 CND for 2 in a BA

2. Carribean Princess - Southern - March 14 out of San Jaun

cost 2724 CND for 2 in a BB

Both cabins are Aft... looking off the back end of the ship. We are Lat members. We love free style.

We are looking for you opinions on the itinaries, we have only done Western (4 times) and need to hear about these ports. please vote and post comments?

Price is pretty much the same, so not an issue. Flying to San Juan could be an issue. Lack of freestyle would be a deal breaker for us.

As to ports, everyone has their own thoughts. I see you are from Canada. Thought about sailing from Boston or New York or New Orleans?

Price is pretty much the same, so not an issue. Flying to San Juan could be an issue. Lack of freestyle would be a deal breaker for us.

As to ports, everyone has their own thoughts. I see you are from Canada. Thought about sailing from Boston or New York or New Orleans?

We have been out of NO before... but that is western so the answer is "no" to N.O. As for Balt or NY.. yes they are closer.. but it is march... We do not want to take 1 or 2 days of warm clothing then 5 days of warm clothing... also they start so far north... I do not think they see enough places.... but thank you!!

Of course you take the Easter Carabbean, because you can stop at Imperial Jewelers (Not recommended by the ship) (NO kickbaks to the ship) and buy or upgrade your diamond. One of our table guests has upgraded 8 times. I've had to talk my wife into it twice as she is how do I say this nicely (is CHEAP):) to upgrade her diamond. As the salesman says you need at least one diamond to leave to each daughter and/or granddaughters. By the way they are already claiming which diamond they want and were not dead yet.

Looked for your poll on the NCL forum just for kicks and giggles. Interesting that you didn't include the "Princess - better line" option over here? I didn't vote this time (just on the Princess forum). I hope you find the assistance you seek and book a wonderful cruise!

She probably knew someone like you would come along and point it out to everyone. I'm sure she's grateful for your "assistance," just like a teacher is grateful to the kid that makes sure (s)he knows what the other kids are up to.

She probably knew someone like you would come along and point it out to everyone. I'm sure she's grateful for your "assistance," just like a teacher is grateful to the kid that makes sure (s)he knows what the other kids are up to.

Ms. Wink...Little Johnny isn't doing his coloring the way he's supposed to be!!!

We are looking at taking a cruise for our 5th anni. it is in March 2010. Here are the 2 crusies we are looking at.

1. NCL Pearl - Eastern - March 13 out of Miami.

cost - 2245 CND for 2 in a BA

2. Carribean Princess - Southern - March 14 out of San Jaun

cost 2724 CND for 2 in a BB

Both cabins are Aft... looking off the back end of the ship. We are Lat members. We love free style.

We are looking for you opinions on the itinaries, we have only done Western (4 times) and need to hear about these ports. please vote and post comments?

I did look up the Ports-of-Call on both those cruises. The Pearl has three the Caribbean Princess has five.

Just for that alone, I would choose Princess.

But, that is my personal opinion, I want the MOST port days I can get on a cruise. Because my DH and I LOVE to go to the beaches.....!!! That is VERY important to us. sHa_surfing.gif

Princess now has Anytime Dining, which is nice and of course the two "Formal Nights", which is nice. I am ALWAYS surprised how NICE my DH looks on Formal NightssLo_love.gif , because our daily, non cruise lifestyle is VERY informal.

Is flying a factor? Do you have to fly to either places?

Have you looked at Royal Caribbean for that week? I checked them out too. They have two GREAT cruises too....!!! One from Florida and one from San Juan. Serenade of the Seas leaves from San Juan with SIX Ports-of-Call......!!! (I would take THAT CRUISE!!!)

I LOVE NCL too, but, it is nice to mix it up sometimes, especially if Ports-of-Calls are important to you.

Which cruise do you THINK you prefer???

Archived