On line booking

messymarie

We have only booked directly by phone. We did several by simply calling, but now have a PCC. Booking directly by phone is a better option than booking directly online. The price will be the same, but you will have more options and can ask questions.

We've booked online several times and have always been pleased. If any questions arise, I have made a phone call and always had excellent, satisfying results.

Happy Sails!!

I booked our trip online and was very pleased. When prices dropped, I emailed and got a reduction. When they dropped again, I emailed and they said I would need to rebook, which I did by calling them. Every time the service was excellent.

• 1 month later...

For those who have booked online - is there any way to request a specific cabin number from the deck plans? The only time I tried to go through the process, it wanted to assign us to one specific cabin (no other choices). We are kind of particular and would like port side or stern cabins of our choosing. Thanks.

For those who have booked online - is there any way to request a specific cabin number from the deck plans? The only time I tried to go through the process, it wanted to assign us to one specific cabin (no other choices). We are kind of particular and would like port side or stern cabins of our choosing. Thanks.
There is a way, but I don't remember exactly how. I think when they offer a certain cabin you ignore that and type in what you want. It will either accept it, or say "Cabin not available". In the latter case, you try another and another until you find one not taken.

We have only booked directly by phone. We did several by simply calling, but now have a PCC. Booking directly by phone is a better option than booking directly online. The price will be the same, but you will have more options and can ask questions.

Is a PCC a person at HAL that you always work with (Like a Personal Vacation Planner at Carnival). If so, how do you get one. I've always just called and talked to whom ever answered--and had a very good experience that way. But, I would like someone I could work with every time. Sorry, I don't mean to hijack.

Is a PCC a person at HAL that you always work with (Like a Personal Vacation Planner at Carnival). If so, how do you get one. I've always just called and talked to whom ever answered--and had a very good experience that way. But, I would like someone I could work with every time. Sorry, I don't mean to hijack.

The PCC is a Personal Cruise Consultant who is on HAL's payroll. If you would prefer to work with a PCC rather than a general reservations person, you can phone 800-355-3017.

The PCC is a Personal Cruise Consultant who is on HAL's payroll. If you would prefer to work with a PCC rather than a general reservations person, you can phone 800-355-3017.

Thank your for your help. I think I'll try a PCC the next time I book with HAL.

When given the choice to select a cabin, you are given a choice of "best available" or to "select a stateroom". I have selected the stateroom button, but left the number blank. When you hit continue, it will give you a drop down list of cabin numbers available for that category. Simply select the one you want.

We booked online with no problems, but I later called the reservation department to make changes. Both ways were extremely easy.

Well, I couldn't see those options so I utilized their online chat session. Turns out their site has a glitch that makes it display incorrectly in IE7 browsers. You don't see the options of the two radio buttons. I logged in with Firefox and voila! There they were. Thanks again.

Archived