Have any Australians tried to use Priceline?

mochuck

I'm trying to bid on a hotel in Monterey Ca, but it won't process the request because I don't have a valid state or postcode. Has anyone else from Australia used this site? Or is there another site that is not so Americentric that I could use that has a similar bidding process?

Priceline (name your price) is the only one that works that way that I know of.

You can just enter a US zip code on the profile section; it doesn't matter there as the hotel only really cares about your name, and Priceline don't interact with you aside from taking your money!

As it's your first time, just be aware that they add their own Priceline fees, plus taxes, on top of the amount you bid. It's a bit different from local hotel pricing which is all inclusive (although US hotels don't include taxes either). I just mention this as sometimes I've still been able to get better deals elsewhere, particularly when you consider you'll likely get better service for direct bookings (plus can cancel/change more readily) and points as applicable.

Well done - that's a good price!

Trying to score a good deal on Priceline is lots of fun; I've scored some excellent prices when I've used it (though also gone other ways when the deals aren't so good). Sounds like a good place too so hope you enjoy it! :-)

Archived