Embarkation time- Gem in Barcelona

gschwartz001

My husband and I are sailing next week on the Gem out of Barcelona. What time should we plan to arrive at the port? We will be in Barcelona for several days before and after the cruise so we are more concerned about not waiting on long lines when we get there than touring that day.

Thanks!

My husband and I are sailing next week on the Gem out of Barcelona. What time should we plan to arrive at the port? We will be in Barcelona for several days before and after the cruise so we are more concerned about not waiting on long lines when we get there than touring that day.

Thanks!

Normal embarkation time is 11:30. Since Oprah and her brood are on the ship now, next Sunday may be a little different. Maybe they'll keep us "commoners" away until they clear the port of the VIPs?

When we travelled on Jade from BCN earlier this year, the NCL pick up coaches left the hotel at 11.30, and arrived before 12. There was not much queueing,apart from us from the coaches, and obviously we all had to be processed, but it was slickly done. After, there's a duty free shop in the terminal, to the left of where you step on board. I should say from the coach to the ship was about 20 mins.-jocap.

We got to the port at 1.30pm having spent time looking around Barcelona in the morning. There were no lines and we boarded as soon as we'd gone through the formalities. The staterooms were ready immediately so we were able to drop our hand luggage and go straight to lunch. Worked out really well for us.

Archived