a few questions

adge_dave

My husband and I are narrowing down our chooses for excurision in Grand Caymen but we have a few questions about our options. We are cruising with Royal Caribbean the first week in August.

We want to do snorkeling and see fish, etc. Anyone have any good experiences with the historical shipwreck?

Is the reef they talk about a good location for snorkeling? (I dont know what reef it just says majestic reef)

Sting ray city, what is the difference between the sandbar and the city?

which one do you prefer? Do you see anything else but the sting rays?

thanks in advance

Sting ray city, what is the difference between the sandbar and the city? which one do you prefer? Do you see anything else but the sting rays?

Stingray City is a reef snorkel stop, and you often see other marine life there.

Stingray City Sandbar is just that...a shallow sandbar where a ton of stingrays hang out. You rarely see anything other than the stingrays, and the odd seagull or fish looking for handouts.

I personally prefer the sandbar, but that's 'cause I'm not a great snorkeller and I really enjoy the "petting zoo" environment of the sandbar a lot more.

Most of the trips that go to stingray city also stop at a reef or two for snorkeling. We have done three different stingray city trips over the years and every reef we have stopped at has been great.

Enjoy!

Archived