EOS shore excursions for 10/09

eurodl

We will be sailing on EOS in October (Canada/NE). We've booked a couple shore excursions and would like to know if anyone else has done these and what they thought. Also would appreciate any suggestions for the other ports.

Portland, Maine: nothing booked

Bar Harbor, Maine: Acadia National Park & Lobster Bake

Saint John, NB: nothing booked

Halifax, NS: Tall Ship Sailing Experience (Silva)

Boston, Mass: nothing booked but looking at Segway tours

Husband just found out he will need surgery on his leg when we return so we won't be able to do a whole lot of walking (a little is OK).

This will be our first trip to the east coast (other than WDW ;)). Hubby likes American history - battlefields, etc.

Thanks in advance for any ideas! :)

For Boston, I don't know if hubby would do well standing on a Segway. He might do better if you did the hop on hop off trolley. If he likes American history, then Boston is the place for that. You can ride the trolley around and get on and off where you like - Boston Common, Faneuil Hall, North End, Constitution. Be careful of the ship's trolley excursion - it may be a tour, not a hop on hop off. You can purchase your trolley tickets online and can easily take the Silver Line to South Station or a cab to the nearby Westin to pick up the trolley if it doesn't come to the pier.

Glad to be of help. Boston is a walking city, but it sounds like that is not the best for your husband. A lot of folks do the Duck Tour, but quite frankly, you have to get to it and then you just ride around for 1 1/2 hours with a short plunge into the Charles River. You're on a cruise already, so 15 minutes on the Charles is not going to be the highlight of your vacation.

Here's the trolley info - http://www.trolleytours.com/boston/ I am unclear about their pickups for cruise passengers - I would call and they can explain. It sounds to me like the pickup at the pier is for the tour, not the hop on hop off, but I could be wrong. If you do want to go on a boat ride, there are always the Swan boats in Boston Garden as well as a "T" water taxi from Long Wharf (Aquarium) to the Constitution ($1.70).

Archived