Food on European cruises

Is the food the same quality as the Caribbean cruises?

Do they cater everything in Europe ? or some stuff are being send by container from the USA

I was on the Carnival Splendor just after her Transatlantic and they had like Spanish and Portugese milk, yoghurt and juice, but can't say about the food.

Just back from Jewel of seas to Baltic the food was very good in the windjammer and the food in the main dinning room was very good as well. Personally we could have no complaints about any of the food served. To give you an idea in St. Petersburg we had chicken kiev in the Windjammer.

they buy everything in local ports, it would be extremely costly to ship things over. It is one of the reasons they do not have lobster on European cruises...too costly and hard to obtain there.

sorry but you are totaly wrong.

They do ship everything over from the States by container, the Chef told us he orders every 8 weeks or so, they do get milk/butter and local beers, but they even have the garnishes brought over.They have depots in Barcelona etc where it is stored.

Been on more than 1 galley tour and seen it.

they buy everything in local ports, it would be extremely costly to ship things over. It is one of the reasons they do not have lobster on European cruises...too costly and hard to obtain there.

I'm afraid they do ship every thing over from the USA frozen. They buy very little locally, except for milk or yoghurt if they run out. I asked once about fish, but they won't even buy any locally caught fish - all frozen. Shame. Many cruises I have been on where they do a trip when you can go with the chef to the local market and buy local products and then have them cooked for the evening.

Archived