Embarkation at Port Everglades

bigred4770

It seems that the embarkation process at port everglades is LONG - based on reviews that I have heard. Since I am not a platinum member, nor booked in a suite, what is the best time to arrive at port everglades? I am flying in the day before and just care about avoiding the heat of outside as my mother has an extremely difficult time with it.

I was on a different ship than you will be. I think we took the earliest shuttle over from the Radisson, which was 11 am or 11:30 am?? We went inside to wait and were given a number to be called. It wasnt that bad to wait inside. I think there might even have been a small tv in one corner.

We got there around 11:30 and didn't wait for very long. Once the lines start moving, everything is taken care of pretty fast and we were onboard before we knew it! If you think you'll have a problem with the heat, just go to a dollar store and maybe get one of those handheld little fans

I had no problems at all, arrived around 11am, checked in, there were about 20 pp in line ahead of me, there were people that had checked in earlier, sitting in the room, it must of opened up right as i checked in because i proceeded onto the ship, with no waitng.

I guess i just hit it at the right time that day.

It seems that the embarkation process at port everglades is LONG - based on reviews that I have heard. Since I am not a platinum member, nor booked in a suite, what is the best time to arrive at port everglades? I am flying in the day before and just care about avoiding the heat of outside as my mother has an extremely difficult time with it.

If you want to avoid the heat and longer lines outside I suggest doing what we did last year.....We arrived by 9:30am! Now that was me stalling as long as possible with my dh who would get there no later than 9am if he had his way.

This is how it played out for us by arriving that early. We took our hotel shuttle service over and they dropped us off at the entrance. The porters grabbed our luggage after reassuring me that they'd make sure it went with the rest of the luggage going on board the Liberty. We walked into the building and were sent through the security scanners. From there they sent us over to one of the agents who checked us in. After getting our S&S cards we were sent to wait in the blue chairs. We were in the first row of blue chairs and about 20 other people had checked in before us. All of this is done in one large building with air conditioning and bathrooms right in the area you wait. This is referred to as Early Check in and once the chairs are filled they stop the check in process until they allow embarkation on the ship.

I'd much rather wait inside the building in a chair with my S&S in hand knowing that's all done. Getting to the port early allows that and you avoid the long wait outside. Now keep in mind if there's some kind of snafu that could either make you wait outside if they aren't allowing anyone to check in or you could be inside for a long period of time. Again I don't mind waiting in the blue chairs as the time flies by and everyones pretty excited at this point.

This is the same proceedure we have followed with the new terminal in Miami as well.

I am an early arriver also. I just love sitting there with my SS card just being ready to get on that ship. Its fun to chat with those around you also, because everyone is in Vacation mode.

:)

I dont mind the wait...I know its just the begining of my Cruise! :D

I'm so dense about this, I can never remember. Is Port Everglades Fort Lauderdale? I'm leaving from Fort Lauderdale in November but unfortunelty we're flying in day of so, pray for me ;). We're supposed to land at 10:38 am so if all goes well (pray for me;)) I'm hoping to be at the port by 12:00. Sound anywhere near realistic????

Thanks for all the responses. Sounds like between 9:30 and 10:30 is a good idea. I do not mind waiting in the boarding area as the trip has already begun! Just out of curiosity, anyone know what time early check in opens?

Yes........Port Everglades is Fort Lauderdale!

Back in March, we were dropped off at the port by the hotel shuttle at 11:10am and we were boarding the ship at 11:40. I had read on CC that the lines were long, but that was not the case for us.

Karen

Thanks for all the responses. Sounds like between 9:30 and 10:30 is a good idea. I do not mind waiting in the boarding area as the trip has already begun! Just out of curiosity, anyone know what time early check in opens?

If you arrive between 9:s0 and 10:30 you'll be all set.

The people who have been complaining talk about arriving at noon or 1Pm and wonder why the lines are so long.:rolleyes:

We got there at 10:30ish in February and got checked in and were about 100 or so in line and still were onboard before 11:30AM....

Bill

I'm so dense about this, I can never remember. Is Port Everglades Fort Lauderdale? I'm leaving from Fort Lauderdale in November but unfortunelty we're flying in day of so, pray for me ;). We're supposed to land at 10:38 am so if all goes well (pray for me;)) I'm hoping to be at the port by 12:00. Sound anywhere near realistic????

If you fly into Fort Lauderdale airport and NOT Miami, Ft Lauderdale is about a 10 minute drive to the port. (the smartest town putting their airport right next to the cruiseport.)

Bill

Archived