Guarantee???

choochella

Hi, guys, Roseann here from last October's Halloween cruise. I'm surprised to see you decided to do the Halloween cruise again; I thought last year's changed your mind! ;) :D

So far, no Caribbean cruise this year; although I'm hoping to find someone to cruise with in December. At the end of summer, I'm going on the Canada/NewEngland cruise on Caribbean Princess. I plan to eat my way through New England, dining on lobster and steamers. Mmmm, mmmm, can't wait!

I've book guarantees many times and it seems that if I book a lower category in my chosen cabin type, I'll get an upgrade to a higher category in that same type. Only once have I gone to a different type cabin and that's when I booked an inside guarantee and got upgraded to an obstructed view. That was many years ago though; the upgrade fairy doesn't visit me--though I keep hoping!

Have a great trip! Hope to cruise with you again some day.

Cheers,

Roseann

Roseann, glad to hear from you. We did have a great time last year, didn't we? Mark and I are cruising alone this year. No luck getting any of the other crew to go with us. I think we will be happy with whatever cabin we get. Just our luck to book way too late. All the II cabins on the Lido deck were taken. We're the same with the upgrade fairy. Although, we always tend to book the cabin we want, just because we like the Lido deck so much. But, we'll see what happens.

Maybe we'll meet up on another cruise again. We always sail in the fall as you can see from our history.

Have fun on your New England cruise!!

Karen

Pia, you are correct. However, at this point we would take whatever we get. It was our fault for booking so late. I was just curious to see if anyone ever booked an II guarantee and was able to GET an II. But, thinking about it now, a balcony would be great. :D But, I know that won't happen.
You could get anything; the only thing that's guaranteed is that you'll get an II or better which means pretty much any cabin on the ship above a II category. Other peoples' experiences are completely moot because it depends on the number of cabins available in each category and the number of guarantees on your sailing. There are paradigms for these type of bookings but I doubt anyone on the board has access to these or is able to provide that information.

You could get anything; the only thing that's guaranteed is that you'll get an II or better which means pretty much any cabin on the ship above a II category. Other peoples' experiences are completely moot because it depends on the number of cabins available in each category and the number of guarantees on your sailing. There are paradigms for these type of bookings but I doubt anyone on the board has access to these or is able to provide that information.

Pam, I am well aware that we will get either an II or higher. I was just hoping that maybe, just maybe, someone booked an II guarantee. Just curious what they received. I realize people get upgrades as the cruise line is trying to fill the ship. But, a guarantee is a whole different scenario. We'll just have to wait it out and see what we get. It was our fault for booking so late. You've been a wealth of information for all of us. I always value your opinions.

Karen

we have on odd occasion booked a guarantee because that was all that was avaliable

We have only ever got the category of the guarantee and usually the worst possible cabin in that group ///////////ie the ones no one else wanted

Hence we much prefer to book early and be very choosy in selecting our cabin

Do see my posting about Grand B 429 /431/433 etc .............these cabins are wrongly and i suspect deliberatly posted on deck plans as convertible which they definitely are not and get dumped on anyone selecting a BC guarantee

we have on odd occasion booked a guarantee because that was all that was avaliable

We have only ever got the category of the guarantee and usually the worst possible cabin in that group ///////////ie the ones no one else wanted

Hence we much prefer to book early and be very choosy in selecting our cabin

Do see my posting about Grand B 429 /431/433 etc .............these cabins are wrongly and i suspect deliberatly posted on deck plans as convertible which they definitely are not and get dumped on anyone selecting a BC guarantee

Kind of like R744 on the Ruby. If you look at the deck plans, it does not show an R744. But, it's there........ One of the Princess reps confirmed it when we were looking to book an II inside. Must be one of those convertible rooms you're speaking of. :rolleyes:

Archived