Snorkel for non swimmers

thrltr

None of my children are strong swimmers however I would like to take them snorkeling. I am not the best swimmer either however I have been able to snorkel on several of my vacations and really enjoyed it. Can anyone tell me a place that will not be very challenging that they can enjoy for their first attempt. Thanks.

Sorry but my advice is simply DON'T.

You are in open ocean. There are currents, waves and numerous other things that could cause problems. If you are going to snorkel make sure you swim well.

Sorry but my advice is simply DON'T.

You are in open ocean. There are currents, waves and numerous other things that could cause problems. If you are going to snorkel make sure you swim well.

agree 100% with above post

I think I was spoiled by my first snorkel at Hanama Bay. It was as calm as a swimming pool and I had a great time. However last year on St. John the waves tossed me around and I was a bit nervous while out there and that is why I was asking for the children. I guess they will have to wait untill they go to Hawaii

Rough water is not the right place for a first snorkel - especially for poor swimmers. If there is not a sheltered beach snorkel location, I think there is a protected park (Xel-Ha?) that offers the experience. I have never been there, but it might be worth checking out.

In any case, everyone will be in a vest so that will lessen any concerns.

Have a great cruise.

Archived