Balcony on FOS

Does anyone know which cabins have balcony's with the frosted glass railing, we are in cabin 6270 and I would really like to have a clear glass on the balcony, Im considering asking my TA to change cabins as I see cabin 6288 available.

Maybe the glass is not frosted, but from pictures of the ship it looks like the balcony railings under the cantilevered hottubs are a different color. Please let me know if this not the case because I would like to keep this cabin as it is closer to the elevators than the other cabin available.

I would keep a cabin close to the elevator no matter WHAT color the glass is! Actually, all of the glass has that "safety tint" to it----not terribly noticable --you know--that slightly greenish tint that thick glass has.....

Nothing will impact your viewing pleasure.

We had cabin 8562 which was in the center under the cantilevered hot tubs. If you look at deck plans you can figure out which cabins would be under the hot tubs using 8562 as the center point, with about 6 to 8 cabins actually located under the hot tubs.

The balcony's under the hot tubs on decks 8, 9 & 10 are actually mini hump cabins....:) They don't bow out as much as the actual hump cabins further towards the center of the ship but, they bow out enough so you can see into other balcony's like from the humps.

The balcony's on decks 6 & 7 are straight across, no mini hump.

The glass on those balcony's under the cantilevered hot tubs is actually tinted gold. When sitting on your balcony it reflects back at you some what, although you can still see through the glass, it does have a more defined tint than other balcony's. Also, when looking at those balcony's from land they look like gold mirrors....you cannot see into them like the other balcony's.

Hope this makes sense.

Archived