Grouse Mountain

My husband has trouble walking distances (more than 2-3 blocks at a time). I am interested in Grouse Mountain. Can we take a cab from Downtown? What would be approx.cost?

Is Grouse something we could do? Any opinions on the Observatory Restaurant? How long should we plan to be there and what is a good time to go?

Thanks for any info.

On a clear day Grouse Mtn is definitely worth the money. Walking is not a big issue as most of the activities on top of the mtn are concentrated fairly close tot he tram & restaurant. When I go up Grouse I usually spend most of the day at the top as there are several free shows - i.e. Loggers Show, Birds of Prey Show, 2 movies, and of course time to enjoy the Grizzley Bears.

You can take a cab although the fare would be a bit high probably around $30. from downtown or ride the public bus as it drops you right at the Grouse Mtn tram station.

You can take the Seabus from Downtown Vancouver to North Vancouver. The Vancouver Seabus terminal is right next to Canada Place. When you get off the Seabus in North Van, there's a public bus that is no more than 1/2 block away. That bus will take you right to the Grouse Mountain tram. A Frommer's article here's the link) says it's bus 232.

Archived