How many times do you change cabins?

magnumcoog

How many times do you change cabins before the cruise sales off into the sunset?

I still have 99 days to go and have changed 5 times.

I started out with a AE Guarantee, then cabin AE728 became available, I then changed to BA cabin, yesterday I changed back to AC, today I saw that two BB aft cabins were available so snatched up one of them.

Just so some may not think I am totally nuts, gave up the AE728 as was thinking may have to pay for a 4th passenger to go with my daughter.

Does anyone have any pictures of the Grand Princess aft cabins BB734 or 735? My email is magnumcoog@hotmail.com. I have checked Webshots.

Thanks in advance.

An AE is a mini-suite, I think. A BB is a balcony....I think. I get so confused about this cabin category stuff.

So you decided to go from a mini-suite to a balcony cabin? Was it because of the locations on the ship?

I ask because we have an AE guarantee on the Grand in March. It's so much fun to plan and think about it all! Thanks for explaining how it works.

i'm not big on surprises. i book the cabin i want from the get - go. however, having said that, i could see myself changing in the future if, for example, the price of a penthouse suite drops & i already have a mini-suite. so far, that hasn't happened. guess i haven't prayed to the cruise gods hard enough! ;)

The first couple Princess cruises we booked only a guarantee cat. Never got upgraded so we decided this time (and for June) to book the actual cabin we want, so we get the location and deck that's best for our needs.

For next month we initially did an inside, then friends who are going with us booked a balcony, and just after we switched to a balcony next to them, our TA got us a deal to re-book for the same price but get a mini!! :D So this time we switched twice.

On occasion I've changed cruises and a few time the cruise line has changed it for me. About 7 years ago, we were booked on a 10 night Panama Canal cruise with NCL. They overbooked and gave me the choice of any cruise for 50% off the best price or a 14 night South American itinerary including air for the same price I paid for the Panama Canal. I jumped at the South American cruise! One time I didn't like the cabin I was in and the cruise line put me in another one, but once I book a cabin, I stay with it.

No cost to change cabins. I use an online agency. I also received a $50 shipboard credit from Princess when I switched the third time, I guess it was a promotion as I still have the credit.

Yes I did go from a mini-suite to just a regular balcony cabin and then back to a mini-suite, and now ot the aft cabin which is a regular cabin. Aft cabin was just too much to pass on when it became available.

I think I did this:

AE

AE728

BA

AC

BB

I have always booked either a specific cabin or more recently a specific category gurantee. The first decision is type of cabin, inside vs outside, outside vs balcony, balcony vs minisuite, and minisuite vs full suite. Since we haven't ever booked a full suite. The second decision point is that I book a cabin category that gurantees a passenger deck between our cabin and any public spaces both above and below.

For example if a ship has multiple balcony desks and offer both the ability to book a specific cabin vs a a "gurantee" with no specific cabin assignment. As long as the gurantee will get me a cabin with the aforementioned deck inbetween requirement, I will book the gurantee, as I don't really care where the cabin is example.

Archived