Onboard Certificate Question(s)

valancy1

Hey everyone,

Last September, hubby and I went on a cruise aboard Liberty. They had a desk there where you could purchase a certificate for $100. They told us we'd get $100 off the cost of the cruise, plus some OBC depending on the length of the cruise.

Does anyone have one of these certificates? We want to use ours, but nowhere on the certificate does it say that we get the $100 off... I'm wondering if they still do that and if someone can help out with this answer, or if you've submitted yours and rec'd $100 off the cost of your cruise. I could swear on a stack of Bibles this is the case, but want to make sure before we send it in.

I appreciate anyone's assistance on this,

TIA!!!

The $100 off is the $100 it cost you to purchase the certificate, its not an extra $100 off a cruise, there seems to be some posting who think they get an extra $100 off in addition to the $100 you spent of your own money.

book a cruise, then you snail mail in the certificate and the OBC plus the $100 you spent will be applied to your cruise, the $100 goes against your final payment (so you cant wait until the last minute to book and use these either).

The $100 off is the $100 it cost you to purchase the certificate, its not an extra $100 off a cruise, there seems to be some posting who think they get an extra $100 off in addition to the $100 you spent of your own money.

book a cruise, then you snail mail in the certificate and the OBC plus the $100 you spent will be applied to your cruise, the $100 goes against your final payment (so you cant wait until the last minute to book and use these either).

Right... this is EXACTLY as I remember it. I know it was basically the $100 back that we used to purchase the certificate and then based on the length of cruise determines the amount of OBC.

I usually can use a military discount; however, with this certificate we purchased (which it doesn't state this on the certificate) that it doesn't work with a military discount. Since our upcoming cruise is not with military discount, we're going to try to submit it again.

Thanks so much. Appreciate your speedy reply!!

Iv only sent in one so far myself. Sent it certified mail as the instructions said and kept the USPS tracker paper until I knew they received it. Seems dumb dumb dumb that they cant keep track of these things by computer by cert # like all the other cruiselines. :(

Im hoping they get their computer act together on this.... SOON

I'm not familiar with this, but what is the advantage of buying one of these certificates then?

Give Carnival $100. Book a cruise and return certificate per instructions.

Carnival will apply $100 against your cruise price (in effect increases you deposit by $100), so you get your money back there.

Depending on length of cruise you will also receive an On Board Credit of up to $200.

3-5 day cruise = $50

6 day cruise = $75

7-8 day cruise = $100

12 day+ cruise = $200

So you get your investment back plus up to double your investment in on board credit.

I don't know if they are still selling certificates.

From what I undertstand though, if you are traveling solo, your OBC is only 1/2 of the amount, which deosn't seem fair to me. Since you can only use 1 cert per room anyway and will only receive 1 OBC.

I was going to purchase a couple, but once I found out about the OBC, wasn't worth it.

From what I undertstand though, if you are traveling solo, your OBC is only 1/2 of the amount, which deosn't seem fair to me. Since you can only use 1 cert per room anyway and will only receive 1 OBC.

I was going to purchase a couple, but once I found out about the OBC, wasn't worth it.

For a 7 day I would still have done it, its not that hard to mail something in to gain $50 for about $4 worth of mailing costs.

You actually can use these for a late booking as long as you have time to mail it in. We booked the Glory in November for a January sailing and had to make payment in full since we were within the final payment window. I checked with my PVP and sent in the certificate - they refunded the $100 to my credit card and posted the $100 OBC within about 3 days of me mailing it.

We boght two on the Liberty in Feb and have already used both..Got $100 off our cruise and $100 OBC...Plus we are shareholders and got another $100 OBC....They will not combine it with some discounts but they are good for 5 years and you can return them at any time for your original $100 if you don't use them....Dennis

In addition to the obc if and only if you booked a cruise on board the ship at the same time as purchasing the certificates they would give you two coupons to give to people to get a $50 obc if they booked the same cruise as you.

example I booked a cruise -5 day on board came home and my daughter & boyfriend also booked so I gave them a certificate with my booking number on it then they mailed it in. Same with my son. Karon:)

Archived