Hotel Queen Mary

Lisa63

Hi everyone. I'll be staying onboard Queen Mary in Long Beach in a couple of months, and I want to make the most of my short stay. As a liner buff, I've plenty of materials on her history, etc. -- yet I am always looking for those "ship secrets" to make the stay more exciting. Does anyone have any not-to-be-missed spots to share? Thanks in advance.

I just wanted to wish you a good time on the Queen Mary, we visit her at least once a year. We have stayed on her before a cruise and had a lot of fun. I think I read that you have 2 nights onboard, right? You will have plenty of time to see everything there is to see. Don't miss the Ghosts or Sub tours, have dinner at Sir Winston's (you can wear your fancy cruise clothes there) or the more casual Chelsea, have a few drinks in the Observation Lounge. If you are staying over on a Saturday night, their Sunday Brunch is awesome.

Thank you, Kathy. Yes, we will have two nights aboard, although we are arriving late on the first night. I'd heard about the ghost tour, but I think I'd be scared out of my wits... but is that the only way to see some of the rooms? DH is very interested in the WWII tour -- do they still offer it? (The QM site seems to be down :( ) Sorry for all the questions. In some ways, I am more excited about visiting Queen Mary than going on our cruise. I hope I don't faint when I step aboard for the first time. :)

The Ghost tour is actually very campy and fun, not scary at all. And yes, it is the only way to see some of the spaces, like the pool. They do talk about the WWII experience for QM a bit on the Ghosts tour. Make sure you take a roll of film, or plenty of memory space for all you see on QM. There is also plenty to see on the self tour.

Archived