Cabo, PV and Mazatlan with 4 and 8 yr old boys

MnAsMom

What are the best excursions? We are booking RCCL Mariner for late August.

I am sure my kids would love to see dolphins. Bummer the kids free thing in PV is for kids 5 and up... do they check their passports? My 4 year old could easily pass for 5 and my 8 year old looks like he's 11!

any great suggestions on things you've done and would recommend for families?

thanks in advance!

~Tondi

The daytime sailing of the pirate ship Marigalente may be your best bet for Puerto Vallarta. They have their own website.

There is a reason why companies establish age limits for their activities. It is a safety issue. It doesn't really matter how old you think your children look or act, YOU are "supposed" to be responsible and mature enough to keep them safe. Curious as to your thoughts on receiving emergency medical care in Mexico (for your child) as well as the possibility of missing the ship and having to pay for your family's flight home. Plus retrieving all your family's belongings from the ship afterword's, at your expense.

Let your kids be their actual age (and not your inflated one) and you will have a much better time.

This is not meant to insult you or anger you (maybe shock you back to reality a little), but it is meant to keep your kids safe and happy.

The daytime sailing of the pirate ship Marigalente may be your best bet for Puerto Vallarta. They have their own website.

There is a reason why companies establish age limits for their activities. It is a safety issue. It doesn't really matter how old you think your children look or act, YOU are "supposed" to be responsible and mature enough to keep them safe. Curious as to your thoughts on receiving emergency medical care in Mexico (for your child) as well as the possibility of missing the ship and having to pay for your family's flight home. Plus retrieving all your family's belongings from the ship afterword's, at your expense.

Let your kids be their actual age (and not your inflated one) and you will have a much better time.

This is not meant to insult you or anger you (maybe shock you back to reality a little), but it is meant to keep your kids safe and happy.

Thanks for the insult! I in no way would put my children in harms way... thanks for implying that I am irresponsible and immature! No need for any shock treatment thanks. I was more expressing my disappointment that my 4 year old couldn't take part in an activity with our whole family for a good price. I have found other options without your "help" thanks and my family fits the guidelines.

I guess you can't find helpful people all the time. It's amazing how nasty people can be from behind a screen! I am one of those people who have learned if I don't have something nice to say I don't say anything at all. You could have chosen much more civil wording. My response would be something along the lines of "I wouldn't recommend it... find something that works for your children's ages so you don't have any issues" Simple, straight forward and doesn't attack someone from every angle.

Off to go and research some more so that my family can have a fun and safe first family cruise! No thanks to you!:D

do they check their passports? My 4 year old could easily pass for 5 and my 8 year old looks like he's 11!

~Tondi

I understand if you're insulted. But read your own words. It really does reveal your mindset, even if you don't want to admit it. You wrote those words, not me. I was just crass (honest) enough to point it out. You are certainly free to believe what ever you wish and make what ever decisions you wish. I wish your children well on their journey through life.

I understand if you're insulted. But read your own words. It really does reveal your mindset, even if you don't want to admit it. You wrote those words, not me. I was just crass (honest) enough to point it out. You are certainly free to believe what ever you wish and make what ever decisions you wish. I wish your children well on their journey through life.

I thank you for your "honesty" ... better honest than not I suppose! You have a way with words... your posts don't always come off as being friendly unfortunately.

Perhaps. But when ultimately dealing with the overall safety of a 4 year old as well as an 8 year old child, I'm comfortable with being called unfriendly (towards a parent) as opposed to uncaring (towards a child). I'm a big boy and can certainly handle that. I hope both you and your children have a happy and safe voyage.

I thank you for your "honesty" ... better honest than not I suppose! You have a way with words... your posts don't always come off as being friendly unfortunately.

I thought the same thing as Padre when I read your first post to be honest, nor did I think Padre was being rude at all.

I think sometimes the posts need a web cam so we can see each other faces...sometimes I have been accused of being rude and that was not my intent at all, but after rereading *my* own post, I can see where the other poster might have thought it. I type as I think...then afterwards think...ohhh I did NOT mean for that to sound the way it did :(

I am a mother of almost grown children(24,21, 17) and I remember being at Disneyland with the youngest when he was five, Indiana Jones was 2 inches too high for him.....I understood it was a safety issue but it didn't make it easier to go on Dumbo (yet again) while dh took the older two on Indy ;)

It is what it is, but that said, Mexico has so many wonderful things to offer....you will find something to suite everyone :)

Maybe walking around PV in the morning (when it is not too hot for the little ones) and then going to an AI for lunch, drinks, pools and beach time :)

I thought the same thing as Padre when I read your first post to be honest, nor did I think Padre was being rude at all.

I think sometimes the posts need a web cam so we can see each other faces...sometimes I have been accused of being rude and that was not my intent at all, but after rereading *my* own post, I can see where the other poster might have thought it. I type as I think...then afterwards think...ohhh I did NOT mean for that to sound the way it did :(

I am a mother of almost grown children(24,21, 17) and I remember being at Disneyland with the youngest when he was five, Indiana Jones was 2 inches too high for him.....I understood it was a safety issue but it didn't make it easier to go on Dumbo (yet again) while dh took the older two on Indy ;)

It is what it is, but that said, Mexico has so many wonderful things to offer....you will find something to suite everyone :)

Maybe walking around PV in the morning (when it is not too hot for the little ones) and then going to an AI for lunch, drinks, pools and beach time :)

I agree with Padre as well, and ths is no way saying your not a good or great parent. BUT thier are rules FOR SAFETY!

Ever wonder why rides at the fair, or a park have a height line. ie... "Must meet this height to ride"

For me we will do this run in April on Princess. We did do tis on the Carnival Pide a few years back. In fact our daughter was 4 at the time, she will be nine on the next one.

We took a tour of a shopping district, and one place had a restaurant with live fish. Our daughter loves seafood, and actually picked out her own fish, and they cooked it and she ate it. she said just last week "Dad can we go back to that place where I picked my own lunch.

Tim

Archived