Grand Princess Western Carribbean #3937 11/09

Stokeset

I have tried several searches for this particular cruise that I just booked, hoping to find some one else's experiences informative. This is our 5th cruise, 2nd with Princess and excited about Roatan, since I've never been. Shoot, that's an understatement, I should say we're excited to be going on a cruise! The ports are: Grand Cayman, Roatan, Cozumel and private island. Is this a new itinerary? Thanks!

We are doing this itinerary in November on the Crown. If you search the ports section of cruise critic you will find information. The Ruby was doing west last season (not to Roatan) so you can get info from reviews on those cruises. Carnival has uses Roatan and has for a while so that board might be a good place for info also.

Enjoy your cruise.

Donna

I have tried several searches for this particular cruise that I just booked, hoping to find some one else's experiences informative. This is our 5th cruise, 2nd with Princess and excited about Roatan, since I've never been. Shoot, that's an understatement, I should say we're excited to be going on a cruise! The ports are: Grand Cayman, Roatan, Cozumel and private island. Is this a new itinerary? Thanks!

This would be a true divers dream cruise (at least these two divers) if they would only take away the private island and add Belize. Roatan is a great island you should enjoy it.

agree roatan is a special port. I am not a diver, nor do I particularly care for snorkeling, just something that i don't like about feeling fish around me,( i am proabably weird in this respect, just an aversion i have always had) but I had no choice but to go snorkeling in roatan the water and the coral were so spectacular.

Sorrrrry. I incorrectly listed the ship's name. Should have been "The Crown." Thanks for all the quick responses. I will begin researching and plan to do our major snorkling trip in Roatan. This is WAY TOO COOL!

Please be aware that if you go to Roatan, you cannot donate blood for either six months or one year in the USA.

1 year is the correct amount of time you must wait in the USA to give blood after visiting Roatan, along with many other places in the world.

Very ineresting about blood donation.....unfortunately i have never been able to donate blood as i do not meet the minimun weight requirement....perhaps a 107 day world cruise is in order, betcha then i would meet it! To the OP have a great cruise, we rented a driver in roatan who took us to the most wonderful beach where we went snorkeling then drove us about the island....wish i could remember the name of the beach for you but this was 1990's have a blast!

Archived