Room keys

My group is going on a cruise in August and booked our rooms with certain people in them in order to get the best discount/price. I was told once we get on board, we will be able to have our sea passes reconfigured to switch people into different rooms the way we want them. Has anyone else had this experience? We just want to make sure we won't have a problem once onboard.

Thanks! Happy cruising everyone!

My group is going on a cruise in August and booked our rooms with certain people in them in order to get the best discount/price. I was told once we get on board, we will be able to have our sea passes reconfigured to switch people into different rooms the way we want them. Has anyone else had this experience? We just want to make sure we won't have a problem once onboard.

At check in or at Guest Relations. It is not an issue.

And you were given correct info......no problems at all after a visit to the Guest Relations Desk.

We did this once when sailing with our son & daughter-in-law so each cabin got the "senior rate" and "balcony discount". Personally, I'd NOT do this at check-in, though, but go to Guest Relations as soon as you board. It will only take a couple of minutes....especially if senior rates or residency rates at being used. Check-in might want to make price adjustments otherwise.

When you check in, just tell them who will be where---they don't care one little bit who sleeps where. It won't be a problem.

This comes up once in a while and I do have to add that when you check in, it is not possible to change keys, you have to do it after you board the ship. A visit to guest relations will correct the situation, we've done it several times with our kids.

The room keys are not produced at the check in counter and they do not have the facilities to make changes there. They have all the room keys alphabetized in boxes behind the counter, all they do at check in is to swipe your credit card to activate your room account.

Archived