help with booking 2 rooms....NCL

klguess

Hello all. So we are family of 5 - and I am wondering if anyone has ever booked a suite for 2, and an inside for 3....and then moved the baby (2yr) into the suite with the parents? It's not that we don't want to book the baby with us in the first place - all the 3rd passenger fees look to be the same. But I have very limited options on suites if I put 3 into one. With only 2, I have my choice....I will be bringing my own travel bed for the 2yr old, so a berth/fold out isn't necessary. What do you think? I'd really appreciate the advice....we are looking at March 2010....:)

Hello all. So we are family of 5 - and I am wondering if anyone has ever booked a suite for 2, and an inside for 3....and then moved the baby (2yr) into the suite with the parents? It's not that we don't want to book the baby with us in the first place - all the 3rd passenger fees look to be the same. But I have very limited options on suites if I put 3 into one. With only 2, I have my choice....I will be bringing my own travel bed for the 2yr old, so a berth/fold out isn't necessary. What do you think? I'd really appreciate the advice....we are looking at March 2010....:)

Well, if there isn't any adult listed in the inside cabin, they won't let the baby (or any other minors) be in that booking. I suggest you book the suite with one of your kids. Then, your spouse book the inside with the other 2. You can always switch key cards around at the Purser's Desk once you board.

I have no experience with NCL specifically, but I have moved passengers around in cabins and there has been discussion about it here on the family boards - no one has ever reported a problem that I remember. Once you're on board, the cabin steward doesn't care which room a kid or baby is in.

Best,

Mia

We booked a full suite on NCL and I can honestly say, we got INSANE levels of service, so I'm positive it wouldn't be a problem, especially if you're bringing your own travel bed. Which ship are you going on? Be sure to ask at booking about getting your family in the inside cabin on the VIP list--NCL theoretically lets you do this (I've never done it, but I've heard of it being done).

One other option: if you're going on one of the newer ships, they have suites that sleep 5, with a separate bedroom/bathroom for the kids and a large master bed/bath area. It would be easy to put the two kids in the small bedroom and put the little one's travel bed in the master bedroom/bath area with you (we had a pack'n'play in the master bedroom with us, no problem at all). You might want to see if it's cost-effective to book one of those instead of the two cabins.

Archived