Refillable cup?????

frito58

I have searched soda cards and even went on the Carnival website and searched and can't find an answer.. I know how the soda card works but On RCI and Celebrity they give you a refillable cup is this also true on Carnival, if not can you bring one onboard and will the refill it?

They sell a red insulated cup and you get it at a discount if you buy a soda card. Otherwise, they just give you a new glass every time you get a soda.

Seriously, wow. Does any know how much the discounted price is. My wife likes here sodas to carry around .

Wow I really can't believe Carnival is that cheap on giving out fountain pop-soda. That is like the cheapest thing. I was just doing a search on refillable cups and people have posted that bartenders don't like filling them. :confused: On RCI the bartenders filled her cup with a smile and would offer her a refill if we were setting at a bar and the cup was free when you bought the card which is the same price as Carnival. I'm not going to let a few bucks ruin our cruise. But is it asking to much if you spend $40 plus on a fountain card that they give you a cup that cost a $1 to make??????

It's not fountain soda it's by the can. You can show your card and they will either give you a glass w/ice and fill it, fill your red inslated cup or you can ask for the can unopened and they will give it to you most of the time. It may vary ship to ship but that's they way it's been on our last 3 cruises.

It's not fountain soda it's by the can. You can show your card and they will either give you a glass w/ice and fill it, fill your red inslated cup or you can ask for the can unopened and they will give it to you most of the time. It may vary ship to ship but that's they way it's been on our last 3 cruises.

What I have noticed is they give you a cup with soda when you have the fountain card, but if you purchase it with your S&S card they give you the can. We had purchased the insulated cups on our first cruise and bring them with us each time. We have never had any problems getting them filled.

Just came of the carnival Glory and the soda cards are $38 for adults and kids are $28. I might be off by a dollar or so. you purchase this card at any bar and you get unlimited soda. We went with our 2 kids and only purchased one. I would have my son go up and get a soda and then give the card to my daughter. They never knew. I dont think they have refillable cups . you just finish what you drank and get another one. Hope this helps!!

Oh no, is it true.....they do not have fountain drinks???? Are they really canned drinks?

Next thing you will tell me is it is Pepsi and not Coke!:(

I love my COKE fountain drinks all the time!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Not looking forward to canned soda!

Oh no, is it true.....they do not have fountain drinks???? Are they really canned drinks?

Next thing you will tell me is it is Pepsi and not Coke!:(

I love my COKE fountain drinks all the time!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Not looking forward to canned soda!

It is definitely Coke products, but they do pour it out of a can into a cup with ice, no fountain drinks.

Wow I really can't believe Carnival is that cheap on giving out fountain pop-soda. That is like the cheapest thing. I was just doing a search on refillable cups and people have posted that bartenders don't like filling them. :confused: On RCI the bartenders filled her cup with a smile and would offer her a refill if we were setting at a bar and the cup was free when you bought the card which is the same price as Carnival. I'm not going to let a few bucks ruin our cruise. But is it asking to much if you spend $40 plus on a fountain card that they give you a cup that cost a $1 to make??????

It is true that the bartenders don't like the refillable cups and it's because of sanitary issues - someone hands them a refillable cup often with the lid on and has been handling it all day. They have a sink, but they don't wash glasses at the bar so they have to rinse it out, wash their hands, fill it, hand it back, wash their hands and then sanitize the surface that it touched. They would much rather fill a clean glass and hand it to you.

The glass glasses at the bars hold more soda than the Carnival-logo insulated mug. The plastic glasses on Lido hold a little less.

So how long is the turn around of pop in the dining rooms and the lido? Like once your cup is empty - how long does it take to get a refill? I will have the soda card.

Fast, the only time I have had to wait is during embarkation on Lido. Many people recommend not buying the soda card until after sail away so you don't get charged tax on the entire amount, but I get one right away.

I always go up to a bar, but many people will ask the drink servers on Lido (or other bar seating areas on the ship) to bring them a soda and show their soda card. They usually don't mind, but some get a little ticked if they are busy as they don't get gratuity assigned for it. Gratuity is charged on the soda card cost, but I don't know how it is pooled - some say it is divided between bartenders only.

In the dining room, you usually only have to show your soda card the first night to the bar waiter and they remember each night after that. Ordering a soda at lunch in the dining room is hit or miss as there aren't many bar waiters.

We always get soda cards and have always gotten fountain drinks with it and Yes it is coke products. However on the last cruise I choose not to get a soda card and it was just me and a friend and when we bought diet coke it was in a can.

What I have noticed is they give you a cup with soda when you have the fountain card, but if you purchase it with your S&S card they give you the can. We had purchased the insulated cups on our first cruise and bring them with us each time. We have never had any problems getting them filled.

This was my only complaint on my cruise last year upon the miracle. I was not well informed. I am a diet soda addict..I drink first thing in the morning..If I go to long I get migraines. I purchased the soda package on the first day on my S&S card. getting a soda in the morning before 10 am is virtually impossible. The bars are not open yet and you need to go to the buffet and get a waiter to give you one. They DID not give me a can ever...although I asked a couple times. (I wanted the can so I could have one when I woke up in the am instead of trudging up to the buffet..and was told more then once there is soda in your mini fridge and we are not allowed to give cans)

Also time after time they would give me soda from a can they used on someone else..with the result of a glass of flat soda.

I love my RCI insulated mug..and would love to see Carnival incorparate the same system with the mugs and the ease of getting a soda.

if you are a die hard soda drinker bring a six pack with you so you can enjoy one when you cannot find anyone to get you one :D

This was my only complaint on my cruise last year upon the miracle. I was not well informed. I am a diet soda addict..I drink first thing in the morning..If I go to long I get migraines. I purchased the soda package on the first day on my S&S card. getting a soda in the morning before 10 am is virtually impossible. The bars are not open yet and you need to go to the buffet and get a waiter to give you one. They DID not give me a can ever...although I asked a couple times. (I wanted the can so I could have one when I woke up in the am instead of trudging up to the buffet..and was told more then once there is soda in your mini fridge and we are not allowed to give cans)

Also time after time they would give me soda from a can they used on someone else..with the result of a glass of flat soda.

I love my RCI insulated mug..and would love to see Carnival incorparate the same system with the mugs and the ease of getting a soda.

if you are a die hard soda drinker bring a six pack with you so you can enjoy one when you cannot find anyone to get you one :D

You sound like my wife, I like coffee in the morning she wants a glass of pop. We always take some with us so she can have a glass in the morning. That is so true about RCI never a problem getting a refill even at the buffets or at dinner my wife carried her mug around and always took the lid off before handing it to them but she always got a new straw each time she got a refill.

It just sounds as if Carnival has taken something so simple and made it a hassle.

Our experience with the soda cards has been mixed. On one particular cruise/bar we were actually ignored by the bartender each time we requested a soda. I actually forced one of the staff (not sure what rank - but he was in a formal uniform) to watch my husband attempt to use his fountain card at one particular bar. The bar staff must have been informed that it was unacceptable behavior because after that incident it became much easier to use the card.

The soda is served out of a can - the bartenders fill the glass with ice and pour about a half to three quarters of the can of warm soda into the glass on top of the ice.

Both my husband and I bring our own insulated cups with us onto the ship. We order a soda and pour it into the cup and order a second soda immediately and pour it in also. We usually find one or two bartenders who understand what we are doing and they will fill our cups, but there are others who will say "I can't give you a second soda until you drink the first".

• 6 months later...

Archived