Theme Nights

Twosox

Hi there

We are cruising on Pacific Sun in 6 days and have read somewhere that the them nights are Island, Country and Western and Pirate.

QUESTION

How can we find out which two we will have so we can pack correct gear.

Thanks Guys..I'm sure one of you will know this

Hi Twosox

It’s nice to see a few more kiwis coming out of the wood work :)

I don’t think you can find out what Theme Nights their will be on board in till your on the ship, but if I was you I would pack for all 3 :D (You have no luggage limits!)

Sorry I could not be of much help :o

Enjoy your cruise! (Hope the weather improves before you go!)

Hi

We have only seen Island Night and Country and Western Night and we have done 2 from Auckland, never seen a Pirate Night at all, but a few of the crew dress as pirates on particular nights.

There are usually 2 formals and 2 themes. I would say Island Night will be held when leaving Port Villa and the two formals are 2nd (or 3rd night), and then towards the end of the cruise and the Country and Western.

Have a great time.

Steve

They usually almost always do Island night and Country night. I find that on cruises longer than 10 nights is when they have a Pirate night as well. Since there's also two formal nights (on 7-10 night cruises) there's usually not enough time to fit in too many theme nights, since passengers still like some nights theme-free.

On my last cruise this year, which was 14 nights, there was also a Rock n Roll night, which was fun - although not many people dressed up for it, mainly the staff

Thanks Guys

I did phone them and was advised that there would be three theme nights, island, c & w and Rock n Roll.

I queried that as it seemed a lot for a 10 night cruise along with 2 formals but it was confirmed...I still think she was talking in general terms and not about our specific cruise.

Not to worry, we'll try and dress for one at least.

Cheers

We were on a 10 night cruise (pacific dawn) and there was 4 theme nights. We only took stuff for 2 - the island and country and western - as these are the 2 they mention in the booklet, so we were surprised with the other 2. (Rock $ roll and Pirate) Must say though, they were a lot quieter nights than the main 2, but wished I had packed for the Rock n roll as it looked like a lot of fun. So definately throw in a sarong and a lei, a pair of jeans and a checked shirt and you can pick up some C&W hats at $2 shops which can also double as sun hats. We just carried the hats on. I am green with envy, have a good time.

Thanks Waydago

If you had four it's well possible that we may have 3

My husband already has some pirate gear so he may throw that in...can't see me as a pirates moll so I probably won't bother..sounds like fun though.

We last cruised October last year so have been really hanging out for this one..can't wait.

theme nights are so much fun. you can always turn a country and western outfit into a pirates one with a bit of imagination (or just rip it up).

hope you have a fun cruise. mine feels like it was a year ago (only been 1 month)

Hi there

We are cruising on Pacific Sun in 6 days and have read somewhere that the them nights are Island, Country and Western and Pirate.

QUESTION

How can we find out which two we will have so we can pack correct gear.

Thanks Guys..I'm sure one of you will know this

I have only just read your question because we have been cruising. On the Pacific Sun they do not have a 'pirate night'. On one night a few staff dress up as pirates for photos, but the passsengers do not dress up.

There will be an island night where a lot of people get involved, and a country and western night where not quite so many get involved.

Evon.

Archived