Review of NCL Majesty-Baltimore to Bermuda, 6/21 to 6/28

CruisnGram

C.G., Thanks for a wonderful, well written review. I sailed the Majesty twice last year and I really enjoyed my time on the ship. Your pictures were wonderful and I felt like I was right there with you. It seems like the shows haven't changed much since October, but that just means I will be able to spend more time in Bermuda. They did have quest on my last two cruises, I wonder why they dropped it.

Do you know if they are planning to change the menu or will it remain the same until the ship leaves?

Do you know if they are planning to change the menu or will it remain the same until the ship leaves?

I have no idea if they are going to change the menu's or not. I'd guess that they won't since the ship is leaving the fleet so soon.

CG

I've been waiting for your review. I am happy with all of your review after reading everything on here I'm prepared that's she's not a big new ship - and I'm fine with that.

I'm looking forward to our group (18 in all) just being able to spend a vacation together before my nieces are off to college. I'm praying everyday that we have better seas and weather. The thing I'm most concerned with is rough seas and no on has control over that. I get very sea sick and already have my script for the patch but it does make me a little nervous but we'll get to go to Bermuda :)

Thanks again for the great review and I can't wait to look at your pictures! Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

One question - the kids club - I know this has been asked a million times so forgive me but you get different answers. I have a 7 year old and an 11 year old if they decide to go could they possibly be together?

thanks.

Ok - I was going to say - one more question; but I'm sure that won't be the case. So how about I say one more question at this time....

Anyhow, did you see any Man O Rays? I know you didn't get to spend a lot of time in the water and at the beaches - but did you see any or hear anything about them when you were there?

Hopefully the raint ook them all away!

One question - the kids club - I know this has been asked a million times so forgive me but you get different answers. I have a 7 year old and an 11 year old if they decide to go could they possibly be together?

thanks.

Don't quote me on this, but I don't think they will be in the same group. I BELIEVE the ages are 6 to 9,and then 10 to 12. If that is incorrect, someone will post the correct info I'm sure.

I haven't had much dealings with kids club as on this trip, my grandson is 2 and my nephew 9. The 2 year old loved it until mommy and daddy walked out of the room and then he flipped out. LOL It's the age, being so attached to his parents, so he didn't want any part of kids club after that.

The 9 year old went 3 or 4 times and enjoyed it a lot. But that's my extent of experience with kids clubs. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

CG

Anyhow, did you see any Man O Rays? I know you didn't get to spend a lot of time in the water and at the beaches - but did you see any or hear anything about them when you were there?

I assume you mean Man O Wars...the gigantic jellyfish? We didn't see any but you are right, our water time was limited to about 3 hours. The only thing that I heard about them was on our Glass Bottom Boat tour when the operator said that they do indeed have them in Bermuda.

CG

And on Thur 6/25 there were several jelly fish being pulled out by the lifeguards with nets, and a few washed up on the shore of Horseshoe Bay.

Too bad they are so poisonous--they are really beautiful to look at!

I want to add a few thoughts about the trip to Bermuda if that is okay. Me, my husband, and our two friends enjoyed a few of the adult entertainment on board!

We really enjoyed bar hopping while on the ship. If you look closely almost each bar had a special from I think 6pm to 11pm. They offered 6 small shot type drinks for 6.25 per person. This was fun. We did the one in the Rendezvous lounge and the one in the Royal Observatory. The bartenders were so funny and it was interesting trying some drinks I would have normally NEVER have tried. And some I will never try again.

Also, we attended the wine tasting in Le Bistro which not only offered excellent wines, but affordable ones to that we learned about and added to our dinner. They also offered wonderful cheeses to go with each wine. Which was a treat.

We attended the beer tasting that pared with different foods as well. This one was really a nice treat well worth the 18.00 per person as you got a nice size glass and you got to have a full size for your last drink! We had one really good one I can't remember the name, Genessis, Sol, Harp, and we got to pick from those which one we like best for our full glass

We also attended the second martini tasting, wishing we would have attended the first one too. The selections were interesting, it started with a classic martini, then a mango martini, followed by a mint martini (this was was really hard to drink but worth a try), followed by a mocha martini, and then a vanilla ice cream martini. We left a little loopy but it was so yummy!

No, we aren't lushes but we like to try new things and this was a great way to get the most of our cruise drink dollars!

I hope you give it a try! It was a lot of fun!

I want to add a few thoughts about the trip to Bermuda if that is okay. Me, my husband, and our two friends enjoyed a few of the adult entertainment on board!

We really enjoyed bar hopping while on the ship. If you look closely almost each bar had a special from I think 6pm to 11pm. They offered 6 small shot type drinks for 6.25 per person. This was fun. We did the one in the Rendezvous lounge and the one in the Royal Observatory. The bartenders were so funny and it was interesting trying some drinks I would have normally NEVER have tried. And some I will never try again.

Also, we attended the wine tasting in Le Bistro which not only offered excellent wines, but affordable ones to that we learned about and added to our dinner. They also offered wonderful cheeses to go with each wine. Which was a treat.

We attended the beer tasting that pared with different foods as well. This one was really a nice treat well worth the 18.00 per person as you got a nice size glass and you got to have a full size for your last drink! We had one really good one I can't remember the name, Genessis, Sol, Harp, and we got to pick from those which one we like best for our full glass

We also attended the second martini tasting, wishing we would have attended the first one too. The selections were interesting, it started with a classic martini, then a mango martini, followed by a mint martini (this was was really hard to drink but worth a try), followed by a mocha martini, and then a vanilla ice cream martini. We left a little loopy but it was so yummy!

No, we aren't lushes but we like to try new things and this was a great way to get the most of our cruise drink dollars!

How much was the wine tasting and did they really know alot about different wines, I always wanted to do a wine tasting and learn about different wines.:o

disneywacker, glad you had fun at the clinics.

CG, I read your pre-cruise posts and concerns about your group. Glad to hear it all worked out. The concierges are usually quite accommodating but CC'ers shouldn't assume, like you said, that just because your group received a certain OK that they will automatically mirror your experience.

Did you have a CC Meet & Greet?

How did you handle dinners - all 14 always were together? Or did some go one place and others elsewhere sometimes? The Majesty wasn't built for freestyle but it sounds like your group fared well.

We've never been on that ship nor intend to but I enjoyed your review so much.:D

I assume you mean Man O Wars...the gigantic jellyfish? We didn't see any but you are right, our water time was limited to about 3 hours. The only thing that I heard about them was on our Glass Bottom Boat tour when the operator said that they do indeed have them in Bermuda.

CG

OOooppss..... you are right; trying to get my questions in while I'm @ work. Thanks for the info on the kids club. I figured I'd ask I know some people have said they "sometimes" will put two groups together depending on the # of kids; and since we are going in July I'm assuming there will be a "boat load of kids" LOL. Anyway, my DD is the only kid not in the older group and I don't think she will want to hang out with kids she doesn't know when the other 4 are in another group. She even said can't you just say I'm 10 - she is very mature. I know everyone says that about their kids but really she is; and when my son was younger I would never have said that about him.

Thanks again for all the info we are less than 2 weeks away :D

CruisnGram -- What a great review!! Friends of mine were on your cruise and I too was in Bermuda the same week as you but on the NCL Dawn in King's Wharf (Heritage Wharf). Not much you can do about the weather ... no one's fault other than Mother Nature ... LOL! You just need to make the most of it and it looks like you and the family did just that! Great pics!!!! Thanks for sharing. I have a work friend who is going on the same NCL Majesty Cruise in October but out of Philly so I've shared your review & pics with her; it is her 1st cruise ever so your info will be of wonderful help and information to her. Luckily she is not in cabin 912 .. LOL! Thanks again ... :)

No wonder I didn't see you too much around the ship. You were too busy trying to crawl back to your cabin! LOL

Hope you had a great time!

Joyce

disneywacker' date=' glad you had fun at the clinics.

Sounds like she most definitely did! :D

CG, I read your pre-cruise posts and concerns about your group. Glad to hear it all worked out. The concierges are usually quite accommodating but CC'ers shouldn't assume, like you said, that just because your group received a certain OK that they will automatically mirror your experience.

Funny thing is that we had discussed it prior to going and had decided not to ask for them to be able to join us. However, once Florintina found out they were with our group, she wouldn't have even considered taking no for an answer (had we even tried). I wanted to mention it in my review as it was so nice of her to accomodate us, but I just didn't want to give people the impression that it was always possible. That would set people up for disappointment.

Did you have a CC Meet & Greet?

Yes, we did. It was pretty well attended considering the seas were so rough and a lot of people were ill.

How did you handle dinners - all 14 always were together? Or did some go one place and others elsewhere sometimes? The Majesty wasn't built for freestyle but it sounds like your group fared well.

Dinner's normally ranged between 8 people and the entire group of 15. I'd say we averaged 12 people most nights. Again, Florintina handled our reservation requests easily and they always set us at two side by side tables since no tables were large enough to accomodate all of us together. It honestly worked really well.

We've never been on that ship nor intend to but I enjoyed your review so much.:D

Glad you enjoyed it. I know it was long, but it seems like it wasn't too long for most and they enjoyed the details.

CG

CruisnGram -- What a great review!! Friends of mine were on your cruise and I too was in Bermuda the same week as you but on the NCL Dawn in King's Wharf (Heritage Wharf). Not much you can do about the weather ... no one's fault other than Mother Nature ... LOL! You just need to make the most of it and it looks like you and the family did just that! Great pics!!!! Thanks for sharing. I have a work friend who is going on the same NCL Majesty Cruise in October but out of Philly so I've shared your review & pics with her; it is her 1st cruise ever so your info will be of wonderful help and information to her. Luckily she is not in cabin 912 .. LOL! Thanks again ... :)

Glad you enjoyed it and hope it was helpful for your friends. Any more questions, please let us know as lots of people here on CC were on the same trip and will probably be able to answer.

CG

Glad you enjoyed it and hope it was helpful for your friends. Any more questions, please let us know as lots of people here on CC were on the same trip and will probably be able to answer.

CG

If anyone has any questions about the NCL Dawn out of NYC to Bermuda .. I can answer any of those questions! I just returned from the 6/21 to 6/28 NCL Dawn sailing .... it was may second sailing on the Dawn and my 2nd sailing to Bermuda. Beautiful ship and island! Any questions ... please ask!

The four of us tried to go to the Quest. We were the only ones in the disco so it didn't seem to promising. So, we decided to go to karaoke instead. The did the Quest on our cruises on the Majesty last year so I guess Shona isn't too fond of it.

Awesome review, We had the pleasure of sailing the Majesty in 05 and 06 we had an absolutely wonderful time, it is an older and smaller ship but beautiful. We love Bermuda and we will be leaving Aug 9 on the Dawn to visit again, St. Georges is one of my favorite towns I've ever been to. I was so surprised to hear you went to Clearwater Beach in 06 we went on the recommendation of our wonderful taxi driver and we too were the only people there. It was beautiful and isn't the owner of the shop and bar just great, sooo helpful and we had a blast, can't wait until Aug. No one really knows about Clearwater Beach but it is awesome, no crowds beautiful views and great drinks:D Happy you had a great time and I enjoyed your review.

The four of us tried to go to the Quest. We were the only ones in the disco so it didn't seem to promising. So, we decided to go to karaoke instead. The did the Quest on our cruises on the Majesty last year so I guess Shona isn't too fond of it.

We must have just missed you. It was supposed to start at 11:15 and we got there around 11:10. There were some people there, and more were coming in, but the assistant CD annouced that it was probably going to be cancelled because there weren't enough people there. I honestly thought there were enough as we played with just 4 teams on the Dawn last September. I think he just didn't want to do it.

CG

Awesome review, We had the pleasure of sailing the Majesty in 05 and 06 we had an absolutely wonderful time, it is an older and smaller ship but beautiful. We love Bermuda and we will be leaving Aug 9 on the Dawn to visit again, St. Georges is one of my favorite towns I've ever been to. I was so surprised to hear you went to Clearwater Beach in 06 we went on the recommendation of our wonderful taxi driver and we too were the only people there. It was beautiful and isn't the owner of the shop and bar just great, sooo helpful and we had a blast, can't wait until Aug. No one really knows about Clearwater Beach but it is awesome, no crowds beautiful views and great drinks:D Happy you had a great time and I enjoyed your review.

I think we may be letting out a little known secret about Clearwater Beach. Next time we go there it'll probably be packed! LOL

Glad you enjoyed the review.

CG

Do you know if Florentina will be with the Majesty through October?

Thanks

Sid

I honestly don't know for sure Sid, but I think so. Many of the crews contracts run out when the Majesty goes off. Florintina didn't mention leaving any time soon when we talked to her about her kids. Did you know she has 2 year old twins? It must be so hard to be away from them.

BTW nice review sounds like you had a good time even with bad weather...

We did. When handed lemons (in the form of the weather) make lemonade right? :)

CG, a great review! Thank you for taking the time to write it all up.

Do you have any information, good or bad, regarding cabin 903?

No I don't but I'm sure it's fine. That is one of the two Owner's Suites on the ship. It's also on the port side, same side that we were on in 705 and 707 so I'm sure it's fine.

CG

We did. When handed lemons (in the form of the weather) make lemonade right? :)

No I don't but I'm sure it's fine. That is one of the two Owner's Suites on the ship. It's also on the port side, same side that we were on in 705 and 707 so I'm sure it's fine.

CG

yes I know the trip last year was her first after giving birth and first as the concierge....

yes I know the trip last year was her first after giving birth and first as the concierge....

We spoke with Florentina a few times as we cruised last summer in an AB and she confirmed that she will be on the Majesty until she closes on Halloween.

Thanks,

Chris

Archived