7 -Mile Beach Beach Club Colony excursions

budmeister

The one with the lunch says that you will have " admission to the resort", the one without lunch does not include the word "resort. " I like to have a cool indoor place to go to and read if I get too hot. Any suggestions on a difference in being allowed to lounge in the hotel lobby based on which excursion you book, or just taking a cab on you own? Does anyone know if the hotel restauant and /or buffet is inside?

Thanks for any help!:o

We stayed at Beach Club Colony for a weekend a few years ago, so my experience is a bit dated, but it may help if no one else has been there more recently.

The buffet (the only food there) operates at set times, and was mostly outside but in a shaded area, if I'm remembering correctly. I don't remember air-conditioning in the buffet area. There was a small lobby with seating, and that had AC I believe.

They do a wristband system, so they'd be able to easily tell who was there with the excursion and who wasn't. I don't know if they'd care if someone was just sitting in the lobby reading or not. They're mostly concerned about people using the facilities (pool, buffet, chairs, washrooms, etc.) without having paid. As long as you didn't use any of those things, you might be fine without the wristband.

However, if you aren't going with an excursion, Beach Club Colony wouldn't be my first choice for an "on your own" trip to Seven Mile Beach. You wouldn't have access to washrooms or showers or food (the buffet is the only food, and you need a wristband for that). Even with an excursion, the resort is only okay, and it's a bit over-priced for what you get.

You'd be better off just hitting either Sea Grape or Royal Palms for the main beach time...IMO they're nicer than BCC, and there are free washrooms and showers, a restaurant/bar, watersports/chair/umbrella rentals, etc. Then you could just wander down the beach a bit to one of the hotels with an indoor bar (or cross the street and hit one of the restaurants across from 7MB) if you absolutely have to get into some AC. As long as you buy a drink, I can't see them minding if you sit inside in the cool.

Archived