Sapphire Buffet Question

simba005

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can provide feedback on the difference between the buffet items and the dinning room menu. For example, are all the items available on the buffet (even Lobster)?

Also, if you were going to recomend a meal to miss, in order to go to the specaility dinning - which nights are the 'least' deserible (I know this is very subjective)?

Note: I see that someone has posted the 7 night menu, are these always in the same order?

Thanks

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can provide feedback on the difference between the buffet items and the dinning room menu. For example, are all the items available on the buffet (even Lobster)?

Also, if you were going to recomend a meal to miss, in order to go to the specaility dinning - which nights are the 'least' deserible (I know this is very subjective)?

Note: I see that someone has posted the 7 night menu, are these always in the same order?

Thanks

Normally, many of the same menu items are served at the buffet. But rarely will you see 'hide nor hair' of a lobster tail. ;)

I'd say about half of the dining room entrees appeared in the buffet; I did not see any of the "big ticket" shellfish items though - lobster/crab legs/big shrimp.

The recently-posted seven day menu does not include "Alaska Night", which I *think* was night four. Italian night was definitely night three and was actually better than expected.

Every evening, buffet also has additional items not found in the dining room. The advantage of buffet is that it is easy to have servings of 2 or 3 entrees without wasting food. We get the interesting buffet items as our wine snacks because we always choose late trad. Lobster Tails is about the only item that has not been in the buffet. But that is not a big deal for us.

There are some menu items that don't lend themselves well to being served buffet-style so you won't find these in the buffet. On the other hand, there are many really good items that you won't find in the dining room. I've dined in the buffet several times in the evening and the food has been good, if not great. It's not a "Homestyle Buffet" alternative to going to the dining room as some would have you think.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the information. We are certainly looking forward to the cruise, I am a classic cruise over eater (yes I know this isn't good):rolleyes:.

As such, I often will visit the buffet before or after (or both) dinner in the MDR (or on this cruise the ADR).

However this time, my DW wants to try Sabitini's and maybe Sterling. So, I was trying to see if I could get my DR fix in the buffet. It sounds like we will have to watch the menu's and pick carefully. I will be said if they don't do an Alsakan Night, perhaps on the Alaska cruise they replace the French or Italian nights.

Thanks again

We usually pick Caribbean and Italian nights to skip and eat at the specialty restaurants...

Hi,

Thanks

Sapphire has Italian nights on the '09 Alaska sailings (Ketchikan on the northbound, so, night 3?). "French and Mediterranean" night (night 4 on the Mex Riv new menus) is replaced with the Alaskan Night menu.

The menu order is as follows NB/SB

Sailaway - Vanc/Whittier

Captain's Welcome Aboard (formal) - Sea Day/College Fjord

Italian - Ketchikan/Glacier Bay

Alaskan - Juneau/Skagway

Chef's Dinner - Skagway/Juneau

Captain's Farewell (formal) - Glacier Bay/Ketchikan

Landfall - College Fjord/Sea Day

Archived