?? Re:Parking at Doubletree San Pedro

waterlily22

Hi everyone,

I had previously read on CC that you could book a room at the Doubletree and leave your car in their parking lot during your cruise without booking the "Park and Sail" package.

However, when I got this hotel through Hotwire and my husband called to check to make

sure we could leave our car in their lot he was told that in order to park the car there for

more than the night we were staying we must book their "Park and Sail" package. Is this a recent policy change, or did we get a customer service rep who wants to upsell?

Does anyone have any recent experience with this?

Thanks very much in advance!

Christy

We have stayed there on a Stay and Sail package but they did not take our licence number or give us any kind of a card to put on the dash of our car....so I am not sure how they monitor who is in their lot.

We're booked there in December. I booked directly with them and got what I think is a good rate. I made it very clear that I wanted to park there while we're cruising, and they were fine with that even though I didn't buy the package. Hmmm. I wonder if I'm going to be in for a nasty surprise when it turns out that the person I booked with got it wrong. :confused:

We have used the Doubletree a couple of times to leave the car at during a two week cruise, but only with the Park N Cruise Package. We paid something between $139-179, for the room for 1 night and then parking for the duration of the cruise. I booked directly with the hotel. I think the Park N Cruise rate is higher than just a one night stay rate, where you just drive off in the morning. No, they don't ask for any car info, so I don't know how they keep track of the cars on cruises, but we've felt very secure about leaving our car there. We were told they have roaming security patrols and also video cameras for the parking lot.:)

We are staying at the night before our cruise. Got a great rate on price line.

I was planning on parking at the port lot for $12 a day since we didn't purchase the park and sail package. I'll double check once I get there. I would hate to find my car towed at the end of the cruise, but if you're more daring than I am, go for it.;)

Thanks everyone for letting me know your experiences.

Putterdude: I thought I had read that before also, so I wondered the same thing.

JennyandJoeS: We can upgrade to the "Park and Sail" package but it is $150 in addition to what we have already paid for the room for the night, which is a significant amout, to us anyway.

Sea Hag: I hope the person you booked with got it right! We called because we didn't

want to end up with a rotten surprise. So far we have called 3 times and gotten 3 different answers, so I don't yet know what the actual policy of the Doubletree is.

homeinca: No, I'm not daring, that's why I had Mike call to find out.

I guess we'll try calling again and see if we can get a manager or someone to clear up the conflicting answers and find out what their current policy is.

It might be like the Crowne Plaza.

Book thru them on their "Sail Away package" = parking free.

Book thru Hotwire/Priceline = parking 10 dollars a day.

If it makes you feel better we booked thru hotwire and even if we have to pay 70 for parking it is still 50 dollars cheaper then their package "deal"

maxamuus is correct :)

we stayed there on park and sail , parking included. i asked if i didnt do park & sail and they told me 10 bucks a day to park there , and yes they did take my car info...model and license plate.

the park & sail also included breakfast and bottle of champagne or sparkling cider;)

parking at doubletree is outdoors , parking at crowne plaza is in their garage , if that makes a diff to you :D

dave

I was told the Port police check the parking lot at Doubletree during the day and Security at night. The Port police will come in and report if a car has been parked there a prolong period of time I was told.

When we took the shuttle to the cruise they took down our license plate number since we were leaving our SUV there.

I personally like the grounds of the Doubletree and just the several floor hotel. The Park and Cruise does include the breakfast buffet for each night staying and one champagne or cidar. We told them we wanted champagne at check in. They give you a warm delicious choc chip cookie at check in.

We just felt we did not want to chance it and what if someone backed into our vehicle and reported it and no record of our vehicle anywhere?

Enjoy the cruise.

Laura

Appreciate the info as we are sailing 12/06/09 and driving in from Northern California. Couple of questions for those that have done this before: What are the rates at the various hotels? We have folks on a budget and those that are not on a budget so it may matter to them? Could someone give an estimate, if known? Also, how far a shuttle ride is it from each hotel (Crowne Plaza vs. Doubletree) to the cruise ship dock? Do you have to book the shuttle in advance? Thru the hotel? Any thoughts? We have cruised before but always thru Miami. I am excited about the SoCal departure and want to make sure it goes smoothly. Thanks so much in advance for any and all advice.

Cindy

Appreciate the info as we are sailing 12/06/09 and driving in from Northern California. Couple of questions for those that have done this before:

What are the rates at the various hotels?

We have folks on a budget and those that are not on a budget so it may matter to them? Could someone give an estimate, if known? *** Some people have been able to get Crown Plaza cheap 65-75 dollars on Priceline. I have no idea about cruise parking charge. Last year I booked for 179.00 each night for Doubletree for our Mariner cruise last Feb...Park and Cruise. However I called sev wks before our cruise and told them we know cruisers who got it cheaper and they did lower our rate to 139.00 per night Cruise and Park package (with free buffets and champagne). Make sure if you try to get a lower price that your confirmation still says Park and Cruise. Mine did not and I had to call them back and get it changed. Our friends called 5 mins after us and they lowered theirs from 199.00 to 159.00. They had booked later than us and got a higher rate initially. Several people on our cruise stayed at the Holiday Inn because it was cheaper. Alot of reviews not good to average I have seen.

Also, how far a shuttle ride is it from each hotel (Crowne Plaza vs. Doubletree) to the cruise ship dock? ***Both are minutes from the pier. The Crowne Plaza a little closer but nothing to make any difference.

Do you have to book the shuttle in advance? Thru the hotel? Any thoughts? *** I do not know for Crowne Plaza but for the Doubletree we booked the day before the cruise at 6 am at the concierge desk for 1030 am shuttle the next day to the pier. We were told to sign up day before the cruise after 6am when we arrived at the hotel and I called down from room at 6 am the next day. When we signed up for the shuttle we gave them our license number for the cruise parking.

We have cruised before but always thru Miami. I am excited about the SoCal departure and want to make sure it goes smoothly. Thanks so much in advance for any and all advice.

Cindy

We ate at Acapulco Mexican Rest at the pier on Sat afternoon with our roll call group and watched Norwegian Star and Sapphire Princess sailaway at 4pm. I do not know what ships leave on Sat but it was fun doing. Have fun. Laura

Archived