Paying for shore excursions

Yochell

Hi everyone, I finally decided on our shore excursions, and reserved a couple through the cruise ship. I was wondering how we pay for these. Are they just automatically charged to the credit card we used when we booked the cruise, or do we need to pay for them once we are onboard the Caribbean Princess? 51 days till we set sail :D!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!

Hi Yochell - The excursions will be charged to the credit card you use for your onboard account (the cc info you enter on the cruise personalizer before you print out your boarding pass). They will be charged after you are past the cancellation time for the excursion.

As a fellow Disney cruiser, I am anxious to see how different Princess is, can't wait!!!!

Hi disneydreams, thanks for the info. I can tell by your name that you are as big a disney fan as I am. The Disney cruise was great. I'm sure this one will be just as great. I'm really looking forward to it. No kids with us this time so that right there will make a difference! Can't wait. Maybe we'll see you onboard!

Chelle

I'll be the one onboard repeatedly telling a 9 year old "I don't care if your bored, I am entitled to one vacation that doesn't revolve around you." :D

I am already anticipating my next Disney cruises on the Dream and Fantasy. I already warned my husband that I will sell his kidneys if I need to, but I am going to be on all four of their ships! :p

If you reserve excursions on the Princess site you can cancel up to 5 days before the cruise by going to the Princess site and canceling them. For the tours you reserve you will find the tickets in your room when you board, or they will be dropped off by the steward soon after you board. The steward used the "dropping them off" as a way to meet us. If once you are on board and decided you do not want to take the tour after all you can drop the tickets off at the tour desk at least 24 hours before the tour. Read the Princess Patters newspaper each day for the deadline to cancel the tour for the next port. Also, check the listing at the tour desk for new trips that might have been added just before sailing, or even after you have sailed. Also if a tour is full and you want to go see if a new section has been added. As stated no charge for signing up for tours until after the deadline for canceling has passed. It will show up on your room statement. Get a copy of your room bill about half-way through your cruise and the a day before you dock. I usually go late at night as the desk is not busy then.

If you reserve excursions on the Princess site you can cancel up to 5 days before the cruise by going to the Princess site and canceling them. For the tours you reserve you will find the tickets in your room when you board, or they will be dropped off by the steward soon after you board. The steward used the "dropping them off" as a way to meet us. If once you are on board and decided you do not want to take the tour after all you can drop the tickets off at the tour desk at least 24 hours before the tour. Read the Princess Patters newspaper each day for the deadline to cancel the tour for the next port. Also, check the listing at the tour desk for new trips that might have been added just before sailing, or even after you have sailed. Also if a tour is full and you want to go see if a new section has been added. As stated no charge for signing up for tours until after the deadline for canceling has passed. It will show up on your room statement. Get a copy of your room bill about half-way through your cruise and the a day before you dock. I usually go late at night as the desk is not busy then.

Hi Fred,

You seem to be an experienced cruiser. It's great to get the scoop from someone in the know. Thanks.

Chelle

I'll be the one onboard repeatedly telling a 9 year old "I don't care if your bored, I am entitled to one vacation that doesn't revolve around you." :D

I am already anticipating my next Disney cruises on the Dream and Fantasy. I already warned my husband that I will sell his kidneys if I need to, but I am going to be on all four of their ships! :p

That's why we are going without kids - for once in our lives!!! :D We have always gone places as a family. My daughter is 19 and my son is 17 - I think this is the very first time we have vacationed alone as a couple!!

I just heard about Disney's new cruise ships. Can't wait to try them out. However, my daughter will never forgive me if we do that cruise without her! She is as big a Disney freak as we are!! LOL

On Princess, you can cancel most excursion until the closing time for that excursions to that port. This is listed in the Princess Patter. It is usually 7pm two evenings before you are due in the port. Tha is, if you are arriving in a port on Thursday, you would have to cancel by Tuesday at 7pm. If you don't, no refund.

There are earlier cancelation times for excursions involvng airplane flights and/or ovenight stays.

You won't see that much of your 9 year old. Princess kids' programs keep them very busy!:)

Hi Yochell - The excursions will be charged to the credit card you use for your onboard account (the cc info you enter on the cruise personalizer before you print out your boarding pass). They will be charged after you are past the cancellation time for the excursion.

Not quite accurate concerning when the charge occurs.

Princess excursions are charged (debited) to your onboard account on the same day as you receive the tickets. For pre-reserved excursions the tickets are usually delivered to your cabin on the first day of the cruise.

Princess excursions may be cancelled up until the deadline (printed in your onboard Princess Patter daily newsletter) by dropping the tickets off at the excursion desk onboard. Excursions cancelled in this manner are credited to your onboard account. There are other ways that excursions may be cancelled. For instance if your port or excursion is cancelled by Princess Cruises, the charge will be automatically credited to your account. Note that because this is all onboard account activity, it is ledger entries (credit/debit) only and do not affect your credit card until...

The net on your onboard account is charged to your credit card at the end of the cruise. Princess may reserve a charge amount on your account during the cruise but the charge does not actually occur until the end.

When is this usually? My mother put all of our shore excursions on her credit card. Now she's had somebody steal her CC number and has had to cancel. We're getting a replacement but we don't want Princess to try to charge the card, have it denied, then dump all of our reservations we've had for the past 4 months. :eek:

[EDIT]DOH!!! Guess I should have read ahead. So as long as we get it changed by the deadline for changing we're fine?[/EDIT]

Not a problem! You will give them the credit card you will use at the embarkation and they will swipe it. The excursions will be on hold unless you cancel.

The system will then charge them to the onboard account. They will all show up at the beginning of the cruise.

When is this usually? My mother put all of our shore excursions on her credit card. Now she's had somebody steal her CC number and has had to cancel. We're getting a replacement but we don't want Princess to try to charge the card, have it denied, then dump all of our reservations we've had for the past 4 months. :eek:

[EDIT]DOH!!! Guess I should have read ahead. So as long as we get it changed by the deadline for changing we're fine?[/EDIT]

You'll be fine. When you check in, you'll give a credit card if you haven't already entered it into your cruise personalizer. When your onboard account is tallied during the night before disembarkation, that's when the total amount will be charged to the credit card on record. One thing to keep in mind is that a "hold" will be placed on the account several times during the cruise to make sure there's enough credit available to pay for the onboard account at the end of the cruise. FYI, you can change the onboard account to another credit card while onboard if that's what you'd like to do.

OK GOOD! We plan on changing the card in Cruise Personalizer as soon as we get the replacement. We just didn't want them to run a balance check on the card TOMORROW, find out it's canceled, then strip us of our pre-reservations (and our reserved massage time ;)).

Good to know!

Princess will charge things like spa treatments and shore excursions to your onboard account. The onboard account is not charged to your credit card until the end of the cruise. When you check in, they will run the card thru the machine to verify it is good.

Archived