Missed Bermuda... sigh.

RickEk

Thanks for the all well-wishes. Yes, it was raining this morning and, as I said, the wind was 30-40 knots across the bow. Whoever made the decision to bypass the island made the correct choice..IMHO. The sun came out later this afternoon as we steamed south, so it wasn't an entire loss for the sun worshippers... but, it made some venues really crowded... I've never seen an entire dining room full for afternoon tea. The waitstaff was a bit overwhelmed... :)

Anyway... we're on the way to Puerto Rico with another sea day to go. Should be fun... if you go on a subsequent sailing, see Aggie at Crooners. He makes marvelous martinis! :p

Thanks for the all well-wishes. Yes, it was raining this morning and, as I said, the wind was 30-40 knots across the bow. Whoever made the decision to bypass the island made the correct choice..IMHO. The sun came out later this afternoon as we steamed south, so it wasn't an entire loss for the sun worshippers... but, it made some venues really crowded... I've never seen an entire dining room full for afternoon tea. The waitstaff was a bit overwhelmed... :)

Anyway... we're on the way to Puerto Rico with another sea day to go. Should be fun... if you go on a subsequent sailing, see Aggie at Crooners. He makes marvelous martinis! :p

Sorry you missed Bermuda. It's on my list of "must visit one day" places.

My friend who lives in Bermuda says it's still raining...and has been raining almost constantly lately.

We're in Bermuda, the weather this morning from 6 am to 9 am was awful. Very windy and rainy. Around 9 am things got better, we went out and biked to Gibbs Hill Lighthouse. Nice view, but the lighthouse was closed for electrical work. We'll go back another day.

The forecast for the rest of the week is uncertain, I hope it turns out all right.

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr35/prg2101/CaribbeanPrincess09015.jpg

YOu mean this guy!!!!! Click on the link above for a quick pic of the

best martini guy out there........Tell him John says hello Rick!!!

Enjoy your voyage..:D:D

We missed Bermuda on the same sailing last year because of Hurricane Bertha and people STILL complained.

I mean, heck, you want to sail into a hurricane?

Yup, I remember that. We were disappointed as Bermuda is our favorite place on Earth, but you roll with the punches. It was a hurricane after all. It's very hard to replace that port in the itinerary as it is halfway down to the Caribbean. You would have to reverse the whole cruise and at the last minute that would be a disaster with excursions and such. I hope we get to hit it next week.

A couple of years ago another cruise line decided to take the chance even though the wind was strong. It made for a great photo opportunity with a large cruise liner high and dry on the reefs until the next high tide. Passengers were tendered ashore and provided with a free bar once they sailed (I don't know ifthe bar was open for long!) Luckily the ship was not damaged but of course the reefs were.

So sorry you missed stopping in the Islands of Bermuda.

What a wonderful place. Yes I too think Cruising is the best way to visit there and being on a very nice ship also helps..

The days of going through the cut and the Crier announcing the Arrivals..

Tell your TA and Cruise Line(s0 how much you as a cruiser want to be there more.. they will probably make smaller ships for that NY to Hamilton route...

The DATA just came out even on NYC .. it had a Net Gain of 54,000 in the rise of Population.

I sure hope you are having the best of times with as you do see the plus in having an additional full A-Ocean Day...

What type of craft have you seen near the ship too? :cool:

Well, due to heavy winds (30-40knots), the Caribbean Princess has skipped Bermuda today. Oh well... on the plus side, we have another day at sea! :) But some folks have already started to complain.... sigh. I do think the captain made the correct decision.

Bermuda328x353.jpg.852cc3646b84eb0cc9c002bbabf68e3a.jpg

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr35/prg2101/CaribbeanPrincess09015.jpg

YOu mean this guy!!!!! Click on the link above for a quick pic of the

best martini guy out there........Tell him John says hello Rick!!!

Enjoy your voyage..:D:D

Oh yeah... the guy in the background. I'll mention you to him... :D

So sorry you missed stopping in the Islands of Bermuda.

What a wonderful place. Yes I too think Cruising is the best way to visit there and being on a very nice ship also helps..

The days of going through the cut and the Crier announcing the Arrivals..

Tell your TA and Cruise Line(s0 how much you as a cruiser want to be there more.. they will probably make smaller ships for that NY to Hamilton route...

The DATA just came out even on NYC .. it had a Net Gain of 54,000 in the rise of Population.

I sure hope you are having the best of times with as you do see the plus in having an additional full A-Ocean Day...

What type of craft have you seen near the ship too? :cool:

Bermuda would have been nice... oh well, just another reason to try this cruise again in the future!

And no, we haven't seen another ship since leaving NYC. Well... at least not when I was on deck....:p

Yes, when we did the Panama Canal a few yrs ago we missed Grand Cayman due to high waves, and then last summer on the Caribbean we missed Bermuda due to the hurricane that decided to visit at the same time we were supposed to. Guess we'll just have to go back.

doodie:)

Archived