Excursion with kids

MNmomof4

• 2 weeks later...

kids that age don't do well on tours. The train might be fun for them. I would recommend taking them to Cockleshell for a least a few hours. Lots of shells to collect, Wilbur the pig, some friendly dogs, and a few monkeys. My kids are older and loved it. Clean bathrooms and good food as well make it even better for hanging with the kids. Our tour guide also took the kids for a hike in the rain forest, but mine are older and I wouldn't recommend it for kids that age.

kids that age don't do well on tours. The train might be fun for them. I would recommend taking them to Cockleshell for a least a few hours. Lots of shells to collect, Wilbur the pig, some friendly dogs, and a few monkeys. My kids are older and loved it. Clean bathrooms and good food as well make it even better for hanging with the kids. Our tour guide also took the kids for a hike in the rain forest, but mine are older and I wouldn't recommend it for kids that age.

Rosie,

Who did you do the excursion with to Cockleshell? Thanks for the ideas!

we have been to St Kitt's two years in a row (3rd visit coming up in October). We found a great tour operator the first year, got his email and booked him again last year. We use Rose and Jim. They are at the pier with a sign when you get off the ship if not previously booked. See some other posts regarding experiences with them. You can take a cab though directly to Cockleshell beach; it's a beautiful ride. There's not much for the little ones to see there except the animals everywhere! The beach is a good day for their ages. Not sure of the taxi cost but know that all the cabs have government set prices and you will see them with the "menu" and prices. There are plenty of cabs available when you disembark.

Archived