Bring beer on board Princess in Alaska?

chasb2

I cruised with Princess last December in the Southern Caribbean and they didn't have any problem with me bringing beer on board purchased in the ports - a different situation than I've had in the past. I'm cruising Diamond Princess August 22 out of Whittier, Alaska and am wondering if anyone has any experience with bringing alcohol on-board. They allowed one bottle of wine or a six-pack of beer, but no other alcohol. According to the Princess website, NO alcohol is permitted to bring on-board.

Officially, Princess prohibits carrying alcohol on board. At the gangway they will take it and hold it for you. It will be returned the last night of your cruise.

In pracctice, I have never heard of Princess taking anyones alcohol.

I have seen people having bottles of hard liquor taken away from them when reboarding the ship but I have been with and have brought back 6 packs of beer and bottles of wine with no problems. HAL and Princess both seem to allow this without seeming to have any issue with it.

Have a great next cruise.

rule of thumb, just not too many bottles. my dh ususally likes to try the local beer and we usually bring 2 or 3 bottles in our bag thru the scanners back on board as well as hard liquor or wine.

I dont know if you can bring beer on board but when i cruised to Alaska on the serenade of the seas they stocked up with some local Alaskan Amber while in port. If you see it try one. Great beer. When I travel I always try the local brew and have come across some great ones.

Archived