fireworks

snbsnb

You will need to get down to the river. There is a statue of Baby New Year that drops from the Jax Brewery on Decatur St. It is a walk from where you are staying so you might want to take a cab. Get down to the French Quarter early, it will be very crowded. Happy New Year!

Dave

Definately get down to the River, your hotel is a poor location for the FQ and activities there. You may want to consider a change if possible?? A cab is the most convenient and will have you avoiding the "dead" areas you will have to pass through at night. Your hotel may be offering a shuttle? Inquire how often and how late?

we have booked the "royal saint charles"at 135 st.charles ave. for dec. 29 &30th. but they had no rooms for the 31st. so we had to book with holiday inn. for our last day.someone said that there is a chance that the fireworks might not happen this year is this possible? thanks Steve

I suppose they could cancel any year, but I have not heard any rumors for this year. Also weather could always play a part, but too early to know about that.

The free place you want to go is Woldenberg Park which begins around Canal Street and the Mississippi and goes to about Jackson Square area or so. It's kind of hard to miss once you get in the general area.

There usually is a free concert of some sort set up with tons of people milling about. Or you can pay a little to a lot for a private party with various views.

There are also riverboat cruises, but the river is shutdown for the fireworks - the fireworks are on floating barges.

I just would like to say thanks to all of you for the info!!can't wait to get down to N.O.we are coming from "greenbay wi."after 3 days in N.O. we will be flying to Houston for a cruise on NCL SEA.thanks Steve

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Superdome on 12/10. They have a shuttle that will take you to the French quarter and pick up at the French quarter. I don't remember the cut-off time, but I think it is 11 PM. After that you will need to get a taxi.

It was announced this morning that local businesses had put up the remaining money needed to put on the fireworks. This happens just about every year: it isn't certain until just about the last minute.

It happens about every Saints game that manages to sell out. too. Think the Atlanta game this Sunday will be the first one sold out in a while.

Archived