Zaandam Cruise Route RT Seattle

songbert

Can someone tell me what route the Zaandam follows from Seattle to Juneau? On the HAL website, the route appears to go east of the Queen Charlotte Islands. However, reading the Navigator notes in the Daily Programs posted by FloridaAdGuy, it says they take a route west of those Islands.

Just curious :confused:

We just did the Westerdam out of Seattle a few weeks ago and we also sailed west of the Queen Charlottes - northbound and southbound.

Anne E.

The Westerdam went west of the Queen Charlottes.

I'm hoping for the eastern route!
You'll need to sail from Vancouver for that. Thus the reason I always recommend Vancouver over Seattle. Both are lovely cities and even though I was raised in Seattle, Vancouver wins for Alaska sailing.

I wish I understood why they show an eastward route for our Seattle sailing on their website :confused:

I'm looking forward to being back on a ship after a seven year hiatus and I guess I'll have to sail from Vancouver next time ;)

What you say about Vancouver is true. However I go by ship and i love the "R" Class ships and both the Amsterdam and Zaandam currently go out of Seattle. The only R Class ship going out of Vancouver is the lovely and elegant Volendam

Archived