Tapas (WOW!)

majcigar

Good Afternoon Everyone,

We just returned from the Grand Princess and our stop in Marjahal to include a day at Tapas. All I can say is this ws the best beach day we have had in over 19 cruises. Edgar and Alan were the greatest. We wanted for nothing and completely enjoyed every aspect of our day with them. The food was outstanding, the beer was cold, and the massages on the beach were to die for. I look forward to our next visit to this up and coming cruise stop.

Majcigar

Thanks Majcigar.

I've seen a few pictures taken at Tapas, and thought it looked very nice. I was considering stopping there for lunch myself in March 2005. Now seeing the great reviews they're getting, I'll be sure to go:-) So thanks for submitting your review.

Do you know if they have a website? (would love to take a peek at their lunch menu)

Thanks.

Island Annie

Annie,

When you get to this town you will immediately understand why they do not have a web site. There are NO banks for 85 miles. Bring small bills ($5, $10, and $20's). Make sure you ask for Edgar or Allan as your waiters. They bring you out the lobster tails for you to pick which one you want. Only thing I would suggest is to ask them to remove them from the shell before deep frying them. It would have made it easier to eat. The shrimp were outstanding. The salsa's were some of the best I have ever had and I'm living in San Antonio. The swimming is outstanding, although if you are going to go outside the roped area to the reef make sure you wear something on your feet as it gets very rocky.

Majcigar (Jeff)

... such as - Where do I find it? (Is it a restaurant or a resort? Is it that beach area to the right of the pier? What is the cost, if anything?) It sounds like just the thing for our day in Mahajual - I'd like more details! Carol

You need to take a ride into the town of Mahahual. When you get there find the taxi stand. Go another 100 yards or so and you will see Tapas on the right. Across the street from them is their own beach area with tables and chairs. Ask for Carolla, Fabio, Edgar or Alan. They will definetely take care of you.

Nitro has it right on the money. Go about 100 yards to the right...away from the pier area. Have a great time. No costs except for what you eat and drink. Get there early as it will fill up. Nothing to buy at the docks anyway.

Enjoy!!

Jeff

Something we didn't find on these message boards that we wish we had known...there were other ships in port the day we docked there all getting off at the same time which makes for CHAOS! The taxi stand line was long!!!! What we discovered was if we walked out of the main area and out the gate a little ways - we found a taxi driver to take us into town and we didn't have to wait in the long line. It seems the taxi drivers aren't allowed to "pick up" at the pier - only drop off. I guess it is Costa Maya's way to "control" things but make for very long waits for a ride into the village.

"if we walked out of the main area and out the gate a little ways - we found a taxi driver to take us into town and we didn't have to wait in the long line."

Are you saying you don't have to pay at the port and stand in line if you walk a little further out the gate you can get the taxi instead of the bus? Maybe the taxi was there only because it was bring someone back to the port. I thought the van/bus were taking you into town and taxi where bring you back.

Archived