Princess bathrooms.

diddlydi

Does anyone have a good ideas or tips with what they do with the small showers on the Princess. Like what do you do with your shampoos and body washes and body scrub puffs. Last time I went I could not find places to put everything. :D

Any good tips out there from some experienced cruisers.

Thanks in advance

Di

I would go to one of those 99cent or dollar stores and get a cheap shower caddy. That way you can just leave it if you don't want to pack it for the return home.

We used to carry on a lot of little bathroom orgainizers when we booked staterooms that had the small bathroom areas. We had a mesh shower organizer that dried very quickly and held everything we would need while in the shower. We also carried on a simple shoe organizer bag (from the dollar store, cheap so we didn't have to bring it back home with us). A couple of the command hooks so it would hang nicely on the inside of the bathroom door to hold all other things that there wasn't room for.

Don't forget things like basic clothes pins to hold that 'friendly' shower curtain in it's place.

Those items usually made the shower and bathroom area bareable. I detest those tiny bathrooms in balcony cabins and below, they are just such a pain to organize anything. Good Luck!

Ditto on the over the door shoe bag - that is the best tip ever from CC:p - we just got off the World Cruise for 107 days and it was a life saver for all our bathroom items - didn't even use the medicine cabinet or other shelf in the bathroom - no need.

We did the clothes pin trick on the shower curtain - works great.

Also, there was a very small holder built into the shower which would just hold the ships bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and a soap - so no worries.

My wife bought some plastic suction type hangars that we use for our shower scrubs - there is a small double shelf for small bottles of stuff.

We also take along a couple of the 3M removable hooks - the mastic tape used to hold them on the wall come right off. You can save the hook and just buy new packs of the mastic. They cost about $3 for two in any hardware, walmart or kmart.

Ron

Does anyone have a good ideas or tips with what they do with the small showers on the Princess. Like what do you do with your shampoos and body washes and body scrub puffs. Last time I went I could not find places to put everything. :D

Any good tips out there from some experienced cruisers.

Thanks in advance

Di

The puff has a string. Hang it on the shower handle.

Haven't been on a cruise in a while but was told that all the showers have soap dispenser in them. Is this correct?

I have never seen a 'soap dispenser' in the shower on a Princess ship. They do supply 'bar' soap though.

There is a shelf underneath with a large opening into which the trash can fits.So the under sink shelf is not a very usable for these kind of items. I use it for a book, flashlight, etc. because they may be handled by the cabin steward. But the 4 shelves on one side can hold a lot. You grab 3 and leave one for your cabin mate!

Are there cabinets under the bathroom sink to store your makeup and stuff? Or shelves?

Last couple of cruises, we have packed two small square plastic baskets. One for me, one for him. That way we can put all the extras in the basket underneath the sink, and bring it up with everything in it when we need to use it. Keeps the bathroom organized (yes, I like to be organized, especially in the bathroom), and it keeps stuff off the counters so the room steward doesn't have to keep moving things to straighten up. ;)

Use the shower in the gym and spa area. They supply the soaps, poos and towels. You just have to bring the clean undies. No time limit and there is never a friendly shower curtain to wrap you up. Room to bend over and room to spin around

Haven't been on a cruise in a while but was told that all the showers have soap dispenser in them. Is this correct?

NCL has the dispensers in the shower... well, at least the NCL Dawn did. But Princess & Disney does not. I don't know about the others.

Use the shower in the gym and spa area. They supply the soaps, poos and towels. You just have to bring the clean undies. No time limit and there is never a friendly shower curtain to wrap you up. Room to bend over and room to spin around

The soaps and towels I'll take. Don't want the other stuff!! :)

Like everyone else I bring a mesh shower organizer and hang it in the shower and I also bring those little plastic baskets to store makeup, meds and anything else that is small and I need to find in a hurry. Being organized helps to get you in and out of the small bathroom faster. I do love cruising with Princess, but that is about the only thing that could be improved.

Does everyone have acess to the Spa or do you have to purchase Spa time?

Also should I purchase sanctuary time for a TA in order to have a lounge chair for the entire length of the cruise... We have 6 lovely sea days on cruise back to Ft lauderdale and would love to have a quite area for those 6 days but not sure I would use it with the large number of port days...Can you purchase specific days.. First time sailing with princess, Thanks for the info.. Sorry if I got alittle off the shower issue...

Cris

I take several suction cups with hooks. My shower puff goes on the wall on that. I found large plastic clothes pins at WalMart. They have small holes in the end...I clip the sides of the shower curtain to the walls on either side using the suction hooks. One at the bottom also helps. I buy the kind of shower jel I like in small bottles at Bath and Body, they fit on the small shelves in the shower. Then anything else I need or my husband needs we trade out with our turn. The shelf under the sink holds LOTS of stuff...but I keep it all in zippered bags. First aid, foot repair, my personal, his personal etc. Then when you pack zip and go. The small shelves above hold the stuff we need to grab during the day. More info than any one wanted to know. Love the shoe bag thing may try that next!

Archived