Layout of cabin beds on Serenade of the Seas

PSR

I have a question about the layout of the bed(s) in category H on the Serenade. Does anyone know if they are parallel to the side of the ship or perpendicular? We have been on the Radiance and the Brilliance, but not in this category, and have had different layouts. We usually put the beds together, but if they are perpendicular to the window, we like to separate them so we have more open space in the cabin. The RCCL website for OV category on the Serenade shows a photo with the beds parallel to the window, but the drawing of the cabin layout shows the beds perpendicular to the window (?!).The cabin is #3124.

We like to specify our choice before the cruise so the steward will not have to change the setup a 2nd time.

Thanks for any info!

Penny

Thanks for the info. I was hoping the head of the beds would be against the wall between the cabins so we could stand in front of the window and look out and take pictures more easily.Oh well.....

Penny

We just recently got off Jewel. Our friends were in 3594 and we were 4 doors down in 3586. We had the head of the bed at the window and their bed was sideways on. We had a larger settee !! . I guess you will have to wait 'til you get on the ship:).

When we got on Brilliance one time and the beds were made as a double with the head at the window I actually turned the bed sideways myself !!! It was easy enough to do but there was only room for one bedside table by the bed, the other one had to go in the corner.

We generally have the beds split so there is more room and it has never been a problem when we have got onboard and asked the room steward to split them for us.

Enjoy your cruise

Thank you for the information. I have heard of others moving the beds themselves, so I guess it is not that unusual. I guess the stewards are ready for anything! I was just trying to save the steward some extra work, but it appears we will just have to get there, open our door, and see what we have! It will be a surprise, and isn't that just a part of a cruise adventure!!

Thanks, Penny:)

Archived