Thailand / Bangkok elephant ride

chipmaster

Anyone have comments/recommendations good/bad for Elephant ride tours/parks in / near Bangkok. I've started some research and suprising there is only one park. Somehow I would have thought there would have been more:confused:

Your original thought is correct..there are many but it depends where you are docking and how long you are in port for. The elephant camps in Kanchanaburi offer the most authentic elephant experience from riding through the jungle to bathing the elephants in the river...

there's a great vid clip on Facebook that shows what you can do...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=113188056704&ref=mf#/video/video.php?v=1192569255138&oid=113188056704

oh...that's a long url...alternatively you could check http://bangkokdaytours.com/Kanchanaburi/ElephantExperience.html but no vid clips...

I agree. IF you have the time get into Kanchanaburi Province. Saiyok Elephant Park has a true ride through the jungle and a true wash the elephant experience. Along with lots of other highly interesting stuff.

I had been to Tiger Temple three times before this last March. DH had never been. So we took 3 days in Kanchanaburi Province on our way to our business interests in Vietnam/Cambodia. It was a lot different than the quickie one day trips I had done before.

See the other thread about Thailand tours. I posted 5 pictures, with one showing DH trying to be a mahout. If you want to see some more from the elephant farm, please ask. Enjoy!!!

Klongmaster, thanks for the links, the video and info got me jazzed. We are doing a land tour that is fully guided with a couple night in Bangkok and another couple in Pattaya. Is this place a couple hour ride from Bangkok or further?

Cheers

Yes Kanchanaburi Province is two hours drive west of Bangkok so in the opposite direction from pattaya.

Thanks, looks like if we do it we'll do it from Bangkok.

Archived