What Does Your Room Look Like At End Of Cruise

As soon as we get our luggage, I unpack and put everything in closet, drawers, etc, and stow luggage under the bed. As we "dirty" things up, I repack them. Not much work on last day. I try to keep things organized during the cruise, so cluter is not in the cabin stewards way.

This is what I do as well. I usually travel with one of my girlfriends and between the two of us we usually have a lot of stuff lying around. The cabins are so small that I can't stand the clutter and try to re-pack stuff that I won't need again every other day.

It isn't a perfect method, but so far it has worked.

I wouldn't put g'ma on ignore because I enjoy reading her comments. Often times I agree with her because she's right on the money, other times I'm surprised by how curt she comes across, but at least she's consistent and has strong views.

I tend to agree. G'ma can be less than gentle, but more often than not I agree with her POV.

I, over this past weekend, also received a very rude and nasty response from G'ma to a simple, legitimate question to which she had no knowledgeable answer. She simply grasped the opportunity to, once again, berate and chastise those of us using this board as an informational tool. I was informed in a response to my thread, that her negativity is nothing new on these boards. As another poster suggested, and G'ma herself endorsed, we should put her on our "ignore" list via this site. Perhaps, if all of us that are offended by her sharp "tongue" use this venue, she will be gone for good!

It's interesting how an opposing point of view can be referred to as "nasty" and "rude"...........

Something about "heat" and "kitchen"....gee, can't recall.

Notice you have not quoted the the response you got showing "no knowledge" at all.

I wish I had a picture and I would have if my wife had not stopped me.

A couple of cruises back our son got sunburned fairly bad so he spent 3 entire days in his cabin ( and his brother's) ordering room service and never leaving.

Between the sheets, plates, trays, etc..., you could not see one square inch of the carpet. We made him tip his steward appropriately. I was mortified.

I wouldn't put g'ma on ignore because I enjoy reading her comments. Often times I agree with her because she's right on the money, other times I'm surprised by how curt she comes across, but at least she's consistent and has strong views.

Ditto, pickle.....

I might add that your views are sometimes strong also.....and consistent.:p Perhaps I'll start responding in verse, using lots of similes.....or, maybe oratory using lots of rhetoric.

Think that might work????:p

Looking for the best photos of your room at the end of your cruise? Who has the scariest and the funniest please post!!!!

URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com]countdown.pl?name=Goodshiploli&date=10-31-2009&image=Beach-2&text=Always looking ahead to the next cruise!!!&ship=Carnival Fascination[/url]

A lot better than it does during our cruise! We are Mr. & Mrs. Neat and Orderly at home, but that all changes to Mr. & Mrs. Slob when on vacation!

Frist thing i do is wipe the room down...I can not stand what i call OPD (other peoples dirt) Then we put everything away were it belongs.

The only thing that get clutter is the dressing table. 2women getting ready for dinner. Some times that dosent get picked up till DD and I get back from dinner..Makes my DD nuts but i really can not stand clutter and messes the space is to small for messes.:)

First thing I do is wipe the room down...

I cannot stand what I call OPD (other peoples dirt)

You wipe the cabin down? Walls and all? :eek:

-don't forget to do the little handle on the airconditioning vent that adjusts air flow

You should carry one of those portable ultraviolet lights that scans for all sortsa 'stuff' ;)

Don't forget the bathroom-door handle..

Cabin6431-010.jpg

Mine is a mess of course!

**Notice the packing mess and the sleeping husband under it all!! LMAO** :p

232323232%7Ffp3%3B9%3Enu%3D3335%3E686%3E933%3EWSNRCG%3D323663%3A%3A%3A8%3B5%3Cnu0mrj

Oh my gosh...I thought this was like a Where's Waldo picture! It honestly took me a few minutes to find your sleeping husband! LOL I finally noticed his head sticking out of the covers!! :D

We have cruised several times with room full of teenagers they were told if they were slobs the room steward would not clean their room. They were fine with that and left an open trail as far as the bathroom for clean towels and such.

Funny thing is I found out my DH had slipped a tip going into the cruise for the stewards future headache and I who makes up the envelopes had slipped him extra as a sorry for the headache. So I am sure he didn't mind at all.

Our communication is much better these days. The last two cruises DD actually tipped the steward extra on her own at the start of the cruise.

DH and I bring a laundry bag and it goes in the corner or in the bottom of the closet so no clothes are laying around and most except for the top of the desk stays neat. We try not to make it hard on the room steward seems they work hard enough.

On our last day of travel, whether on a cruise or hotel, I always strip the bedclothes from the bed. All sheets are put in one pillowcase and dirty towels are put in another. I fold the spreads and leave them on the foot of the bed...last I always make sure that all trash is tied in a large trash bag. A little obsessive...but I figure the stewards work so hard all week for us...that maybe this one little act will help them out in some way.

You wipe the cabin down? Walls and all? :eek:

-don't forget to do the little handle on the airconditioning vent that adjusts air flow

You should carry one of those portable ultraviolet lights that scans for all sortsa 'stuff' ;)

Don't forget the bathroom-door handle..

Cabin6431-010.jpg

LOL i'M not that bad I just wipe down door handles, Dressers tops and pulls chair arms things that people touch. I never worrie about walls as i don't touch them...I also bring a travel air cleaner. Works for me

G'ma- this has nothing to do with this post, but i hope that you will be checking back on it... i just posted on the smoking balcony post on the RCI board that has been closed because of all the fighting back and forth, i posted a very nice peacful post about simply trying to negotiate with your neighbors and to politely try to work things out that would be beneficial to all concerned and your reply of BUTT OUT was very rude, i do not know you or have ever exchanged information or ideas with you before, and im not sure why you felt the need to be so rude, it was not deserved as i was not attacking anyone with my comments.it was simply a suggestion as to how everyone can get along- Perhaps you had a bad day and that is not your normal attitude, i hope so.. good day. RED

RED. you need to BUTT OUT of this thread. Stick to the topic!

Sorry, don't have one that's either scary (unless you consider there's a flying bat in the photo) or funny, but I did find one of my cabin after we returned to Port Everglades last February, and I was waiting for them to start calling debarkation numbers.

2291944520103861232S600x600Q85.jpg

What ship and Cabin is this?? I like the space, and the way it is set up

No pics but we're not as compulsive as some of you. Clothes are hung or folded on shelves. Bottom of closet with no shelves serves for throwing (not folding) dirty clothes. Suitcases are under the bed.

dh's stuff is on the bathroom shelves and my "stuff" (hair, makeup etc) are on the vanity/desk in the room. Booze and glasses sitting around too.

Shoes are usually by the sofa where they were taken off.

We leave books and things laying around on the tables, we never make our own bed and usually unmake it in the afternoon for our nap. So it winds up being made twice a day.

We are on VACATION :D:D:eek: We clean and tidy and pick up after ourselves the rest of the year. We're too busy having fun.

Nothing left in the room but what was there to start with when we leave though.

Counters cleared all trash in the trash cans...but we don't waste our time making up the bed.

OUr stewards always take great care of us and we take good care of them.

I would say our room would probably be "average" for a cruiser, not a holy mess, but not OCD clean either.

Maybe I'll make some pictures next time to show that lived in look. I usually only take pictures BEFORE we move in.

happy sails!

This pretty much describes our cabin, as well.

The one clutter that bothers me, but I can't do much about, are the various electronic/digital things hubby has out on the desk/vanity, often recharging batteries and such.

Toiletries stay in their bathroom shelves, and I keep my make-up in one of the drawers next to the vanity.

I'd love for that desk/vanity to be mostly clutter-free, but other than that....Capers can be on the little table, and I would rather not make the bed, thank you very much.

Archived