? For those who own canon d10

I don't own one, but my guess like most modern electronic equipment it'll work long enough that by the time it is ready to be retired you can buy something as good for 1/2 the price, or spend the same money and get 2-3x the performance.

Since its any underwater camera and relies on likely rubber/synthetic seals for water/moisture sealing of all the buttons and openings you should avoid things like; leaving it in the sun, exposure to DEET and other harsh chemicals/cleaners. Be gentle with it IE normal use and aren't leaving it in your car for wild temperature swings and harsh sun it should be good for a couple years.

Of course I'm sure Canon will offer a service but the cost probably will be more then saving it up for a far better available camera in a few years :D

Happy shooting.

read thru the manual and didn't see anything about yearly servicing. it did mention being careful with the rubber seals. also mentioned soaking in fresh water if used in salt water.

ellen

• 2 weeks later...

We have a D10 and I could not find anything in the manual about yearly service or anything of that nature. There is a disclaimer that says something akin to that Canon has tested it, but if you basically abuse or misuse it, it may experience problems (e.g. dropping it from greater heights than advertised)

Archived