What is the Funniest thing that happened?

YFancyface

ok..on the freedom 6/28-7/4 there was an older gentleman who got pulled up on stage to talk with john the cruise director..his name..and i am not kidding...is Dick Little....even better his wifes name is Anita Little. put the two together anyway you want and it made for a good laugh for that show..

Sorry to break your bubble. That is John's spiel. You will always find a aptly named couple when he is your CD.

Sorry to break your bubble. That is John's spiel. You will always find a aptly named couple when he is your CD.

Really????..well boo on that..I wonder what there real names where...when did he decide to call him dick little then?

This was on the Valor. My fiancee and I decided to go to Karaoke lounge. Usually, we find that people sing upbeat songs - or at least ones that the crowd can sing along too.

Well, apparently it was a special night - one my fiancee referred to as "Divorce Karaoke". :rolleyes:

Selections included:

Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word

All By Myself (Eric Carmen)

One Is the Loneliest Number

Then, to top it off, there was an opera singer from NY who asked to sing one of her arias - not something in the karaoke book. No doubt it was beautiful - but not karaoke appropriate - it was so sad.

This was our sign we were in an alternate universe. We quickly left after this. Otherwise we would have needed some anti-depressants from medical. :eek:

I'm not sure if it's the funniest thing that happened to me but the most embarassing....I just came back from a cruise in May and decided to look up on youtube.com to see if anybody posted anything from out cruise...IM ON YOUTUBE!!!!! If you search Tabitha Baby Got Back....I'm there singing karaoke OMG I didn't expect someone to tape it and put it there...OOPS...now I know if you do something in public there may be someone there with a camera and internet :eek:

hahaha....very nice! I wish I had the guts to do something like that. I am chicken.:o Maybe could do it after 10 dod's. Maybe.:p

Ok... here goes. We were on a cruise with our 3 kids and my future daughter-in-law (who is a type I diabetic. She had just gotten an insulin pump which keeps her supplied with insulin 24 hours a day through a needle just under her skin. This was her first cruise.

We were all dressed for formal night and it was our turn to have pictures made. Just as we were all posed and ready, her pump malfunctioned and started beeping. Mind you, her pump is under her formal dress! Photographer is trying to figure out where the beeping is coming from... and we are all laughing while she's trying to figure out how to turn is off without taking her dress off! Needless to say, we still laugh about it to this day!

As a fellow Type I and insulin pump "wearer"... I can completely understand! For more formal things, I tend to wear mine in my ahem.. um.. okay, in my bra. It's easy, but hard to reach without reaching into your top!! On our cruise, our waiter leaned over and got a good eyeful of my pump on formal night. :D

Really????..well boo on that..I wonder what there real names where...when did he decide to call him dick little then?

Talked to a couple after our cruise, John recruites passengers for all his skits. He does a good job and that is what makes his Bedtime story so much fun. On our first cruise with John (when we thought it was all real) we ran into a couple who was part of the act at the airport and they shared the experience with us. My DH was very disappointed but I thought it was ingenious.

I'm not sure if it's the funniest thing that happened to me but the most embarassing....I just came back from a cruise in May and decided to look up on youtube.com to see if anybody posted anything from out cruise...IM ON YOUTUBE!!!!! If you search Tabitha Baby Got Back....I'm there singing karaoke OMG I didn't expect someone to tape it and put it there...OOPS...now I know if you do something in public there may be someone there with a camera and internet :eek:

You win! That is histerical! I would have loved to see your face when you saw it on there! Your a great sport! :D

one of our cruise critic cruisers was in the hairy chest contest. he had a bottle of beer that he stuck in his pants when it came time for him to dance. what a riot. we have the dvd with him doing it.

That was fantastic!!! Did you know the dancers??

What is the funniest thing that has happened to you on a cruise(or on one of the islands)

On my first cruise, on the Triumph, an old lady comes to the elevator I was in, aft section, and asks, "does this elevator go to the theatre"?

Ok, partaking in the black jack tourney. Dealer was an Aussie, so we were joking around with him and he asked if it was ok if he called us Yanks. My wife from behind me says as long as you don't call us wankers...the dealer chuckles and says you know that one eh? He then told how he would call people that if they were being idiots and usually they wouldn't get it. Well, our round was over, I lost, I was watching the next round and one gentleman started argueing with the dealer over the second chance ticket saying he never got one. the dealer said he was sure he did, but the guy continued to argue, so the dealer gave him another one, the guy looked at the ticket and said, this is what you were talking about? The dealer said yes and the guy tossed the ticket down and turned to walk away. before I could even stop myself, I said, "BLOODY WANKER" in a thick aussie accent. the whole crowd of about 40 people started busting up and the dealer had to take 5 minutes to compose himself before he could deal again. My wife, however, was extremely embarrassed by the whole ordeal.

You all did a GREAT job! I loved it. Thanks for sharing. Started my day nicely.

Here's a two-fer for you all:

1--On a Princess cruise in the 80's with Mom, brother, and grandmother. The seas were very rough, and gradmother got very seasick during the evening and had to leave dinner to go back to the cabin. The next morning, she awoke to realize that somewhere along the way, she had thrown up her lower false teeth. So, she was toothless on the bottom half of her mouth. And--she was oh-so-proud to tell everyone about the fact that she had thrown up her teeth and lost them.

Just read this one....boss can't understand why I am laughing hysterically in my office........

I thought of another funny incident. One of the men that we were cruising with bears a striking resemblance to Hulk Hogan. When we were in Cozumel the locals would shout out "Senor Hulk, Senor Hulk" One man asked if he would take a picture with his son. To this day we still call him "Senor Hulk".

[SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]Funniest - On the Fantasy out of NOLA - Watching a group of gang bangers getting carried off the ship in handcuffs even before the ship left the dock. Next, watching their girlfriends getting carried off also in handcuffs after the ship returned to NOLA. Some people are just born stupid.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=417660&highlight=rasul[/url]

This is the very funniest thing I have ever read on cruise critic. Enjoy!

PS
I also got a good chuckle out of the grandma who lost her teeth!

I once threw up over the side of a catamaran after snorkeling in Freeport. It was so surreal. At the same time I could see all the people staring at me AND the fish going nuts feasting on my vomit. Upon leaving one of the crew pats me on the back and says, "I like your style." WHAT?

I NEEDED these laughs this evening! my fav was Granny loosing her teeth! Tears began to stream. My neighbor walked up and was like,whats so funny, so then SHE got a crack out of it too! So TYTY TY for asking this question.
I have no cruise embarassing moments to relate,but I did recently lock myself in a gas station bath room. It had an actual door knob you turn instead of just deadbolting and pushing on it. Well, I undid the dead bolt, back and forth for a solid 5 minutes. I began to holler,HELP, but no help came. Then the lightbulb went off, and DUH,SARAH, I turn the knob. though no one knew but DH,who was waiting for me, I was still mortified!!!!

We met my parents for breakfast outside Tampa and followed each other from there to the port to embark on the Inspiration. After we dropped all our stuff at baggage and were beginning to drive over to self-park, my Mom frantically called my cell phone. It seems the baggage guys loaded my Dad's carry-on onto the cart with their checked luggage and then took it into the building. Dad chased down after his lost bag, but nobody could locate it. It had their cruise doc's, his camera's, their medicines, and other valuables. The parking guys were following closely trying to get Dad to move his car, but he had clipped his keys on that carryon bag as well! It was ten minutes of panic and challenge, but he was reunited with his bag and things went right after that. Of course, since I'm his smart-aleck kid, I had great material to bug him with for the whole week! :D

[quote=anniversarycruisin';20269686][quote name='CeleBrat']Here's a two-fer for you all:

1--On a Princess cruise in the 80's with Mom, brother, and grandmother. The seas were very rough, and gradmother got very seasick during the evening and had to leave dinner to go back to the cabin. The next morning, she awoke to realize that somewhere along the way, she had thrown up her lower false teeth. So, she was toothless on the bottom half of her mouth. And--she was oh-so-proud to tell everyone about the fact that she had thrown up her teeth and lost them.

Just read this one....boss can't understand why I am laughing hysterically in my office........[/quote]

:):):):):)

CeleBrat

Last year, while packing the suitcases, on that fateful Saturday evening that I hate :rolleyes:. I apparently packed my husbands shirt that he was to wear for debarkation.

He ran around the halls begging for a T-shirt to wear home. About 1 1/2 hours later, he ended up with a XXXL shirt that says "Peters Hot Dogs, if it isn't 12 inches, it isn't a Peter"

Everytime I see that shirt, I laugh. I also learned, that from now on, I will set out his clothes for the next day.

[quote name='YFancyface']Thanks everyone for posting. My 12 year old son started this thread after a little begging to do so! What a great responce for him! :D[/quote]

I really honestly don't mean any offense, and I'm sure your son is a great kid, but I was a little taken aback that this was posted by a 12 year old. I realize this board is publically accessible, but are there a lot of posters who are so young? I know there are many teenagers here, but I am a little uncomfortable with posters who are not yet high school age.

[quote name='nanuak']Last year, while packing the suitcases, on that fateful Saturday evening that I hate :rolleyes:. I apparently packed my husbands shirt that he was to wear for debarkation.

He ran around the halls begging for a T-shirt to wear home. About 1 1/2 hours later, he ended up with a XXXL shirt that says "Peters Hot Dogs, if it isn't 12 inches, it isn't a Peter"

Everytime I see that shirt, I laugh. I also learned, that from now on, I will set out his clothes for the next day.[/quote]

That is tooooo funny, I would not have been able to keep a straight face the whole way home!!!!

Archived