Tea and coffee service ensuite??

French press available for anyone's use on the April sailing of AOS!:D;)

Hubby and I probably won't use our french press in our OS, so if you are sailing with us, join our roll call and let me know if you want to use our french press! We'll just get room service in the morning!

(I guess I'll have to let our cabin steward know we're doing this huh? I'd hate to be charged for a missing french press!)

Well shucks! We're not on your cruise. But thanks for the offer! We're on Grandeur in Oct.

I'm on hold with RCI right now to see how they explain this mix up.

I am now confused. Are you saying there is a kettle in JS cabins or is it just the coffee press that is in doubt?

We had a JS last year on Navigator Med cruise and we had nothing to make tea or coffee with.

We are in the same JS in September on Voyager. Will we be getting a kettle? Is this something new?

It would be nice to know beforehand and we will bring our own coffee.

The electric tea kettle supplied in the JS cabins was to go fleet wide this past March. We had it on Radiance in April.

Thank you SO much for this....I was beginning to think I was stupid as I didn't know what a 'french press' was :confused:

Little did I know I actually have one in my kitchen...that will confuse my husband when I ask him if he would like his coffee made with the french press :D

LOL! I always thought it was some kind of trouser press! You definitely wouldn't want to make coffee in one of those, imagine the mess :D

So in a JS there's a kettle, teabags, creamer and sugar, but no means of making coffee? I don't drink tea.....I wonder if there will be anywhere on Freedom where I can get some sachets of instant coffee - anyone know?

Thanks!

This info is from my first phone call. I might call back later to see if I get a different answer. I explained the problem and the rep looked up the JS amenities and saw that the coffee/tea service was listed. She got a supervisor on the line who verified that the JS should in fact have the kettle, french press, coffee and tea bags. I informed them that this doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe the ships didn't get the memo:D.

Anyway-there is supposed to be coffee and tea in the JS. So I'm going to print out the list of amenities for a JS and take it with me so when I ask for the french press I can prove that it should have been provided.

I'm not cruising until Oct. so if anyone else is in a JS before that please come back and let us know about this.

BTW I've never seen any instant coffee anywhere on board.

Well shucks! We're not on your cruise. But thanks for the offer! We're on Grandeur in Oct.

I'm on hold with RCI right now to see how they explain this mix up.

If they are honest, they will probably tell you that someone goofed when posting the information. Stuff happens!;)

I am so happy that there is going to be a kettle.

We have a very good instant coffee here in Spain (it tastes just like espresso when made up) and I will take some of that with me. Also I will 'obtain' a couple of the hot chocolate sachets from Promenade Cafe and enjoy one of those before bed.

It is nice to be able to make yourself a cup of coffee when you want it. Calling room service is ok but by the time they get to you I have often either fallen asleep (if late at night) or I am in the shower or just gone past wanting it.

I think it might be a Brit thing to like tea and coffee making facilities in a hotel room/cabin.

This info is from my first phone call. I might call back later to see if I get a different answer. I explained the problem and the rep looked up the JS amenities and saw that the coffee/tea service was listed. She got a supervisor on the line who verified that the JS should in fact have the kettle, french press, coffee and tea bags. I informed them that this doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe the ships didn't get the memo:D.

Anyway-there is supposed to be coffee and tea in the JS. So I'm going to print out the list of amenities for a JS and take it with me so when I ask for the french press I can prove that it should have been provided.

I'm not cruising until Oct. so if anyone else is in a JS before that please come back and let us know about this.

BTW I've never seen any instant coffee anywhere on board.

If you are successful, please let us know. I, too, was confused about this before I cruised in May.

All I got was the pot and tea....no coffee or French Press.

If it turns out they were supposed to give us that in the JS........then I think it is "grounds" for a free cruise!!!:D

Anyone can order coffee or tea from room service....what's different about this???

Room service hot water isn't "hot" enough to properly brew anything but weak tea. I like my tea strong - which requires water just a bit after boiling. (I bring my own stronger tea and real sugar too. Then I stick milk cartons from breakfast in ice or the fridge.)

Thank you SO much for this....I was beginning to think I was stupid as I didn't know what a 'french press' was :confused:

Little did I know I actually have one in my kitchen...that will confuse my husband when I ask him if he would like his coffee made with the french press :D

Or turn him on....:)

So, is there such a thing as a coffee bag that's like a tea bag? I'd be happy with a few of those. DH likes to order coffee in the morning, and it always wakes me out of a sound sleep. If we could just brew a cup, then we wouldn't be bothered by room service before Princess Jean is ready.

We were in a JS on Mariner where we brought our own coffeee onboard. We only had a "kettle" for tea the first day until the Steward noticed and brought us a single cup coffee pot with Seattle's Best on the following days. It was wonderful not having to schlep around to find coffee upon waking. I HATE THAT....she made it so comfortable for us by having coffee in the room with a real potl

We were in a JS on Mariner where we brought our own coffeee onboard. We only had a "kettle" for tea the first day until the Steward noticed and brought us a single cup coffee pot with Seattle's Best on the following days. It was wonderful not having to schlep around to find coffee upon waking. I HATE THAT....she made it so comfortable for us by having coffee in the room with a real potl

WOW! What was her name? Maybe I can get her next time. :D

So, is there such a thing as a coffee bag that's like a tea bag? I'd be happy with a few of those. DH likes to order coffee in the morning, and it always wakes me out of a sound sleep. If we could just brew a cup, then we wouldn't be bothered by room service before Princess Jean is ready.

There USED to be coffee (I believe it was Folgers, but don't quote me on that) in a tea bag. I haven't seen it in years, but it was great for traveling.

If I ever see anything like that again, I will be sure to let you know........:)

Was that a french press she brought you or a "real" coffee pot? The press we had made 2 big cups. That was sure nice of her!

Instant coffee? Not for me. I think instant coffee is awful and would do without if that's all I had.

Folgers does still make "Coffee Bags" (Regular and Decaf). I've gotten them in our area within the last 2-3 months. They make suprisingly good coffee.

That's good to know. I will hunt for them.........maybe they were just discontinued where I shop.

Even though I hate instant coffee, those bags weren't too bad.

A bit off topic I know, but I've had to check out Wikipedia to work out what a 'French Press' is. It's been intriguing me for ages, anyway now I know, we refer to it as a 'cafetière' here in the UK!

Thanks for checking - I had no idea what they were talking about either!

To confirm in a JS on Explorer: kettle, tea bags, sugars sweeteners, long life milk, 2 mugs, and wooden stir sticks. No cafetière and no coffee.

To continue the kettle theme - which ships now DEFINITELY have kettles in all rooms? I think it is :

Independence, when she is out of Southampton - are there kettles in the rooms when she is over in the Caribbean?

Brilliance out of Barcelona

Legend - I read one post saying this but have not seen it mentioned again?

Rhapsody when she is in Australia

Any kettle sightings elsewhere.......?!?!

I've taken Nescafe's Taster Choice gourmet instant coffee packets on several cruises and find the taste more than adequate.

I also take a large mug along... I put in a cup of hot, strong coffee, along with one hot chocolate packet and 3 or 5 little containers of liquid creamer...stir...and voile! Your own "Starbuck-like" cafe' mocha....all that's missing is the whipped cream on top!

BTW - I love my french press! Mine is a smaller one and is great for making that one special cup of coffee before turning in at night...

Saw the following on a Majesty thread.

Originally Posted by barbie5401

Having just stayed in a JS on the Majesty, there is no walk in closet, just extra walking around space in front of the closet. There is a tub, bathroom is still small. There were no extra goodies in the bathroom. There were bathrobes available, a coffee maker and a cafe to warm water.

One of the nice parts of the JS, is the availability not to have to jump over the bed to move around - plenty of walking space in the room. Also, you could pull the curtain and separate the "living area" from the person who might still be sleeping.

The balcony is wonderful - you can not remove the divider. Any other questions ask away.

I'd love to hear what other reps at RCCL have to say about the coffee. Some of them have never set foot on a ship and probably don't have a clue.

I saw that post too so now I'm thinking that maybe it's just taking a while for them to add the coffee and french press. Although I still don't understand why they didn't add the tea and coffee at the same time.

Just off Mariner 2 days ago (sigh....), and JS, deck nine, definitely had tea pot with assortment of Tazo tea, and small coffeemaker with Seattle's Best coffee, similar to what you'd find at most hotels (not instant). Can't say how many cups it made, since my parents never once used it. No french press.

Archived