Tea and coffee service ensuite??

Ok, if anyone on the Mariner between now and January has coffee in the JS, PLEASE let everyone know about it!! Especially ME! It would be nice not to lug around that heavy ole' French Press!!!:D

I see that you are in So Cal. Vons should have both Folgers as well as their own brand. The taste very similar. All the regular grocery stores should carry the Folgers Singles.

Do you not have instant coffee (ie granules) in the USA?

The type we get here is really rather good (some brands are anyway) - just pour on hot water. Maybe a bit too strong for Americn tastes. I think you like your coffee quite weak.

I like my coffee quite strong, actually. But the instant is usually just tasteless swill to my tastes.

Ok, if anyone on the Mariner between now and January has coffee in the JS, PLEASE let everyone know about it!! Especially ME! It would be nice not to lug around that heavy ole' French Press!!!:D

Just off Mariner 2 days ago (sigh....), and JS, deck nine, definitely had tea pot with assortment of Tazo tea, and small coffeemaker with Seattle's Best coffee, similar to what you'd find at most hotels (not instant). Can't say how many cups it made, since my parents never once used it. No french press.

Well, I would go for a coffeemaker, but on Deck 10 in April it was nowhere to be found. We're on Deck 9 in September, so maybe that'll be the ticket. If not, we're only steps from the CL and I really don't care if somebody sees me before I'm fully awake.:)

I see that you are in So Cal. Vons should have both Folgers as well as their own brand. The taste very similar. All the regular grocery stores should carry the Folgers Singles.

In So Cal Stater's carries the singles, their own brand and Folger's.

In So Cal Stater's carries the singles, their own brand and Folger's.

Ah, thanks, I will check it out.........(and I work for a large grocery retailer!!)

Guess we either don't carry it anymore, or I am just blind....:D

Just off Mariner 2 days ago (sigh....), and JS, deck nine, definitely had tea pot with assortment of Tazo tea, and small coffeemaker with Seattle's Best coffee, similar to what you'd find at most hotels (not instant). Can't say how many cups it made, since my parents never once used it. No french press.

Well, I would go for a coffeemaker, but on Deck 10 in April it was nowhere to be found. We're on Deck 9 in September, so maybe that'll be the ticket. If not, we're only steps from the CL and I really don't care if somebody sees me before I'm fully awake.:)

I was on Deck 9 in May, JS........all I got was the hot pot and assorted teas. No coffee or coffee maker.....I guess they forgot to put one in my cabin..:(

Jean, would you report back on this in September?

Thanks! I am a coffee addict!!! :D

Do I understand that you will be in 9318? That was, and will again be my cabin in January. And as of May, no coffee in that one:(

I will be in 9318 on Aug. 2nd. I will report back when I get home and let you know what is available.

I will be in 9318 on Aug. 2nd. I will report back when I get home and let you know what is available.

Thanks. I think Critterchick will be interested to know as well.:)

We were on the Mariner in a JS this past June and had the tea kettle and a regular coffee pot w/ Seattles Best filter bags. Maybe our Stateoom attendant really liked us.:p

Either that, or they just started putting them in the Jr Suites.

Who was your attendant? If we had the same one, then it must be because she liked you.:D

I leave Sunday on the Mariner so I'll let you know what they put in our JS. So hoping for that coffemaker.

Me too!! But if not, I FOUND THE COFFEE BAG THINGYS....:) (Thanks fellow CCers)

Actually, I forgot to look at my store, but saw someone with them. These were by Maxwell House. I don't know how that coffee tastes, but if there isn't a coffeemaker in the JS, I will bring the bags.

I'll look and see if the Folgers are there as well.

Better than nothing.

Have a great cruise....wish I was going, too!

• 2 weeks later...

Reporting back, as promised. Yes, they definitely did have the coffee maker in the Mariner JS this past week. It's a one-cup-at-a-time machine (the coffee drips into the cup) and there was a separate hot pot/electric kettle for tea. Be careful with the coffee maker--ours had a tendency to sputter all over the counter if the cup wasn't positioned exactly right. Also, if you enjoy more than one cup each day, let your cabin attendant know--ours brought us more coffee than we could actually drink.

I must say, we found it to be an excellent perk for the JS--almost made up for those useless new coupon books.

Thanks for checking - I had no idea what they were talking about either!

To confirm in a JS on Explorer: kettle, tea bags, sugars sweeteners, long life milk, 2 mugs, and wooden stir sticks. No cafetière and no coffee.

To continue the kettle theme - which ships now DEFINITELY have kettles in all rooms? I think it is :

Independence, when she is out of Southampton - are there kettles in the rooms when she is over in the Caribbean?

Brilliance out of Barcelona

Legend - I read one post saying this but have not seen it mentioned again?

Rhapsody when she is in Australia

Any kettle sightings elsewhere.......?!?!

We had a kettle in our PR room on the IOS for our Caribbean cruise in March.

Reporting back, as promised. Yes, they definitely did have the coffee maker in the Mariner JS this past week. It's a one-cup-at-a-time machine (the coffee drips into the cup) and there was a separate hot pot/electric kettle for tea. Be careful with the coffee maker--ours had a tendency to sputter all over the counter if the cup wasn't positioned exactly right. Also, if you enjoy more than one cup each day, let your cabin attendant know--ours brought us more coffee than we could actually drink.

I must say, we found it to be an excellent perk for the JS--almost made up for those useless new coupon books.

Thanks so much for reporting back.... How was your cruise? I leave 2 weeks from today on the Mariner and can hardly wait....

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

This obviously is a new thing, since I was just on Mariner 2 months ago, and all I had was the hot pot.

Since I am the coffee addict, and DH is not, one cup at a time will be fine. And I will make sure "Stewart":D knows how much I need my caffeine fix....:eek:

Love2cruise 58--the cruise was great--thanks for asking. The Mariner is a beautiful ship with a great crew. She was at full capacity but the only time it felt overcrowded was at the Windjammer and maybe the first sea day by the pool. Like the cruises before us, we had cool, windy conditions on the last sea day but they did heat the pools to make up for it. I'm sure you'll have a blast.

Yes, it a french press and kettle unless you have the suite we did- the kettle part was missing- the rest owas there fully stocked- not a whole lot you can do without boiling water. I asked for one and he said they were out.

Well, yahoo! That's terrific news! Our JS in September is only a few steps from the CL (and we'll still be eligible to go in), so it won't be the end of the world, but it'll be great to have that first cup without being presentable!

Just returned from the Serenade of the Seas last week. Had a Grand Suite. I was disappointed because instead of a french press they had the 1 cup coffee makers. I didn't use it - stuck with tea instead - kettle worked wonderfully. However I have always wanted to try coffee made with a french press so was disappointed that I didn't get the chance.

Just returned from the Serenade of the Seas last week. Had a Grand Suite. I was disappointed because instead of a french press they had the 1 cup coffee makers. I didn't use it - stuck with tea instead - kettle worked wonderfully. However I have always wanted to try coffee made with a french press so was disappointed that I didn't get the chance.

I wonder if this is going to be the new thing. Maybe they are gradually changing it.......maybe some others can chime in on this.....

I took my own French Press on Mariner last May, and I will tell you that French Press coffee is good, but it is a whole lot better in a GS, when your cabin attendant cleans out the pot!!:D:eek:

They are a bit messy.....

I imagine that they have a bit of breakage with the French Presses. The one cup at a time would work for us, although we might do battle over who gets the first one, LOL!

Ha! I am lucky that I am the only coffee drinker in my family...although my son does occasionally dip into my (coffee, let's be clear) pot......:eek:...if I leave any........:D

Anxious to hear how the coffee is, and I understand you will be in my JS....9318, right?:)

Archived