Get a Load of This Uprising On Board

MrPete

The similarity between the noisy protesters in that clip and the people sharing the our cruise for the last two weeks on Costa Romantica is uncanny.

Well OK, the large majority of our passengers were speaking Italian but the volume was on a par (constantly).

There is one thing for sure though. That loud, rotund agitator and her mottley crew would be trampled to death if they had held their pathetic demonstration at "Chow-time" anywhere near the Giardino buffet area on Romantica.

From Photolaw.com

Q. How do I copyright my works?

A. A copyright originates at the moment a work is created. For a written work, the copyright comes into existence as the words are typed, printed, or saved to a computer disk. For a photograph, the copyright is created at the moment the image is developed. If a photograph is taken with a modern digital camera, the copyright originates at the time the image is saved on a computer disk or on a hard drive. As long as the work exists in tangible form or can be understood or reproduced with the aid of a machine, it is copyrighted.

http://www.photolaw.net/faq.html

Q. Do I have to use a copyright notation on all copies of my work?

A. No. Since March 1, 1989, a copyright notation is no longer as absolute necessity of the Copyright Act. Nevertheless, it is still a good idea to do use a copyright notation as a reminder that the work is protected by law. Also, the copyright notation may act as a deterrent for would-be infringers. The regulations require that the notation be put in a reasonably conspicuous place. This could be on the surface of a phono record, the back of a photograph or the base of a sculpture.

Q. If a work does not have the word "copyright" on it, can I assume that the work is in the public domain and can be used?

A Probably not. The safest thing to do is to assume that all works are protected by copyright and that no work can be used or reproduced without permission. The reason for this is that since March 1, 1989, a copyright notation is not an absolute necessity for copyright protection.

Prior to this time, it was generally necessary to include a copyright notation on all works in order to maintain the copyright. In fact, before 1978 it was generally necessary both to use a copyright notation with a work as well as to register the work with the Copyright Office. However, since 1978 registration is no longer required.

Q. What is copyright infringement?

A. Copyright infringement is the unauthorized use of a copyrighted work. Even the simple act of photocopying a copyrighted image without permission can be an infringement. When there is an infringement, the owner of the copyright can sue for damages. All lawsuits for copyright infringement must be brought in federal court, not state court.

"Q. What is copyright infringement?

A. Copyright infringement is the unauthorized use of a copyrighted work. Even the simple act of photocopying a copyrighted image without permission can be an infringement. When there is an infringement, the owner of the copyright can sue for damages. All lawsuits for copyright infringement must be brought in federal court, not state court."

Given, the copyright was infringed. What DAMAGE has the copyright holder suffered in this case?

"Q. What is copyright infringement?

A. Copyright infringement is the unauthorized use of a copyrighted work. Even the simple act of photocopying a copyrighted image without permission can be an infringement. When there is an infringement, the owner of the copyright can sue for damages. All lawsuits for copyright infringement must be brought in federal court, not state court."

Given, the copyright was infringed. What DAMAGE has the copyright holder suffered in this case?

Recently a recording company received a judgment in excess of $2 million from a woman who downloaded 24 songs from the web without permission. Did they suffer over $2 million in damages?

This thread has got realy interesting and confusing at the same time.

First we have several folks bashing a video on youtube of passengers assembling for really no reason and blow hot air.

When folks from this website commented their opinion and when the opinion was not supportive of her/their agenda the comments were removed and disgusting emails sent specifically calling members sluts and all sorts of names. Several folks were distraught about this.

Then there is a call here for someone to capture the video and repost it so folks can comment on it without having the remarks removed.

Then the words copyright infringement comes up and this huge debate comes up.

I must ask now am I getting the impression that anyone really CARES that someone took the video and reuploaded it on youtube so that others can make comments on it? Especially one that was uploaded by someone that calls others sluts and all sorts of nams. Personally I don't know why anyone even cares? But that is just me. Is there now a call to pull it down because you are all upset about it now? The entire thing seems strange to me. I am just making an observation. All I know was there was once a rally here and now folks are shooting spears regarding the "shadow" video.

Anyway, carry on. :D

Recently a recording company received a judgment in excess of $2 million from a woman who downloaded 24 songs from the web without permission. Did they suffer over $2 million in damages?

100% that jury award will be overturned, if not by the trial judge, then on appear.

Embedding a youtube video on another site is within their TOS. They even provide the code to do it, right on the page.

First we have several folks bashing a video on youtube of passengers assembling for really no reason and blow hot air.

When folks from this website commented their opinion and when the opinion was not supportive of her/their agenda the comments were removed and disgusting emails sent specifically calling members sluts and all sorts of names. Several folks were distraught about this.

Then there is a call here for someone to capture the video and repost it so folks can comment on it without having the remarks removed.

I must ask now am I getting the impression that anyone really CARES that someone took the video and reuploaded it on youtube so that others can make comments on it? Especially one that was uploaded by someone that calls others sluts and all sorts of nams. Personally I don't know why anyone even cares? But that is just me. Is there now a call to pull it down because you are all upset about it now? The entire thing seems strange to me. I am just making an observation. All I know was there was once a rally here and now folks are shooting spears regarding the "shadow" video.

Whomever did it - thanks.

I've never done an upload onto youtube, but I'd bet a DOD that the fine print of the upload agreement says something to the effect that anything you post on Youtube becomes property of Youtube.

Those people should be ashamed of themselves. I really love the one lady that said that she was going to try to get her money back by disputing the charge and going to the press. I'm pretty sure Carnival is still the top cruise line. Sorry Carnival is better with out you. That lady would have ruined my cruise.

I gotta tell ya. If I had been on that cruise, I'd have picked up a nice cocktail or two, found a comfortable chair nearby (there are plenty in that area), got my camera ready and enjoyed the show. It would be a great way to idle away an hour or so - nothing beats the human comedy show put on, at times, by my fellow human beings.

I love to people watch...and in my career, getting a "feel" for people and watching body language and other "tells" was important. Transactional Analysis was an integral part of my training.... Just that few minutes of video would be a great teaching tool about the human conditions as it applies to certain segments of our society.

I have every confidence in the cruise line, the officers and staff that this brou-ha-ha would only go so far before the "troops" were set in motion and a lot of those sorry folks would find themselves in custody, confined to quarters and under guard. I find the patience shown for these idiots to be remarkable..and it's a credit to the Captain and his crew that everyone left the ship without handcuffs.......

I'll bet that NONE of those people - especially those who were foolish enought to be snookered into signing a "petition" will ever grace the hallways of a Carnival owned ship again.......

When watching the video, try not to be distracted by the yapping dogs and concentrate on those in the background.... Many are enjoying the show...many are open-mouthed in amazement..some are applauding while looking around to see if anyone else is applauding...and stopping when it appears not many people are as enthusiastic..notice what they do with their hands to avoid looking like a fool.

True, those who took party in this mess should be ashamed and those who did all the yapping especially. But, right fighters have low spatial perception many times... They are totally unable to control themselves and, once ignited, find it hard to ramp back.

It's like road rage. They have no self-control and no idea if what they are doing or saying is correct or not. They are unable to think things through...they don't have the mental capacity...

From Photolaw.com

Q. How do I copyright my works?

A. A copyright originates at the moment a work is created. For a written work, the copyright comes into existence as the words are typed, printed, or saved to a computer disk. For a photograph, the copyright is created at the moment the image is developed. If a photograph is taken with a modern digital camera, the copyright originates at the time the image is saved on a computer disk or on a hard drive. As long as the work exists in tangible form or can be understood or reproduced with the aid of a machine, it is copyrighted.

http://www.photolaw.net/faq.html

Q. Do I have to use a copyright notation on all copies of my work?

A. No. Since March 1, 1989, a copyright notation is no longer as absolute necessity of the Copyright Act. Nevertheless, it is still a good idea to do use a copyright notation as a reminder that the work is protected by law. Also, the copyright notation may act as a deterrent for would-be infringers. The regulations require that the notation be put in a reasonably conspicuous place. This could be on the surface of a phono record, the back of a photograph or the base of a sculpture.

Q. If a work does not have the word "copyright" on it, can I assume that the work is in the public domain and can be used?

A Probably not. The safest thing to do is to assume that all works are protected by copyright and that no work can be used or reproduced without permission. The reason for this is that since March 1, 1989, a copyright notation is not an absolute necessity for copyright protection.

Prior to this time, it was generally necessary to include a copyright notation on all works in order to maintain the copyright. In fact, before 1978 it was generally necessary both to use a copyright notation with a work as well as to register the work with the Copyright Office. However, since 1978 registration is no longer required.

Q. What is copyright infringement?

A. Copyright infringement is the unauthorized use of a copyrighted work. Even the simple act of photocopying a copyrighted image without permission can be an infringement. When there is an infringement, the owner of the copyright can sue for damages. All lawsuits for copyright infringement must be brought in federal court, not state court.

The bazillion or so users of the internet all over the world are all under arrest for copy and paste, printing recipes, copying photos of cruise ships, airplanes, dogs, food and everything else.

I surrender. I'll be the first test case......arrest me already.

I gotta tell ya. If I had been on that cruise' date=' I'd have picked up a nice cocktail or two, found a comfortable chair nearby (there are plenty in that area), got my camera ready and enjoyed the show. It would be a great way to idle away an hour or so - nothing beats the human comedy show put on, at times, by my fellow human beings.

I love to people watch...and in my career, getting a "feel" for people and watching body language and other "tells" was important. Transactional Analysis was an integral part of my training.... Just that few minutes of video would be a great teaching tool about the human conditions as it applies to certain segments of our society.

I have every confidence in the cruise line, the officers and staff that this brou-ha-ha would only go so far before the "troops" were set in motion and a lot of those sorry folks would find themselves in custody, confined to quarters and under guard. I find the patience shown for these idiots to be remarkable..and it's a credit to the Captain and his crew that everyone left the ship without handcuffs.......

I'll bet that NONE of those people - especially those who were foolish enought to be snookered into signing a "petition" will ever grace the hallways of a Carnival owned ship again.......

When watching the video, try not to be distracted by the yapping dogs and concentrate on those in the background.... Many are enjoying the show...many are open-mouthed in amazement..some are applauding while looking around to see if anyone else is applauding...and stopping when it appears not many people are as enthusiastic..notice what they do with their hands to avoid looking like a fool.

True, those who took party in this mess should be ashamed and those who did all the yapping especially. But, right fighters have low spatial perception many times... They are totally unable to control themselves and, once ignited, find it hard to ramp back.

[b']It's like road rage. They have no self-control and no idea if what they are doing or saying is correct or not. They are unable to think things through...they don't have the mental capacity..[/b].

I agree with everything that you said. It is as if they keep on with their rabid spew because they feel that they haven't yet made the intended impact, or haven't yet clearly made their point. I guess that it's Voice Rage!!

I gotta tell ya. If I had been on that cruise' date=' I'd have picked up a nice cocktail or two, found a comfortable chair nearby (there are plenty in that area), got my camera ready and enjoyed the show. It would be a great way to idle away an hour or so - nothing beats the human comedy show put on, at times, by my fellow human beings.

It's like road rage. They have no self-control and no idea if what they are doing or saying is correct or not. They are unable to think things through...they don't have the mental capacity...[/quote']

Your remark that none of those people will ever grace the hallways of Carnival owned ship again is probably true. Cruise cheerleaders will always be that no matter what happens on the ship they will remain happy, people fall overboard laugh it off , no big deal right? Miss ports no problem, no big deal right? , but heaven forbid run out of coffee or beer and there would be a riot!. Makes me laugh that you can pay good money and you might not receive what is advertized in their fancy booklets. There is all types of vacations available obviously and the more likelyhood of not receiving what most assume you do get is going to stop a lot of people from crusing again., and that is the plain truth of the matter,

But again to the cruise cheerleaders no big deal right, maybe there will be more room for you on the ships now when they sail 75% full., but remember they still have to make MONEY!!!!!! off you somehow , so expect more cutbacks in the future and that is the plain TRUTH! of the matter.

..... maybe there will be more room for you on the ships now when they sail 75% full., but remember they still have to make MONEY!!!!!! off you somehow , so expect more cutbacks in the future and that is the plain TRUTH! of the matter.

If that happens, feel free to post and say I told you so. I personally don't believe there are enough loonies like the ones on the video to have a significant impact on Carnival's bookings.

I'd also bet most people who saw themselves on that video we be embarassed to have been a part of it.

We were on a cruise a few years ago where we had missed a day of the cruise and several ports becasue of a hurricane, the cruiseline compensated us very well, everyone received shipboard credit and 50% off our next cruise. While they did not have to do this and was not expected it was a very nice gesture.

I am sure that everyone was disappointed over missing ports, however, I do not feel that they acted appropriately. Instead of acting angry and getting upset they should have gone on deck and had a few dod's and enjoyed being on vacation.

If that happens, feel free to post and say I told you so. I personally don't believe there are enough loonies like the ones on the video to have a significant impact on Carnival's bookings.

I'd also bet most people who saw themselves on that video we be embarassed to have been a part of it.

Yes i bet they might be embarassed to be part of it too. But they were, so they must of felt they were missing out on what they paid for and the most likely they may not cruise again. Also people go on vacation to relax with no problems arising, If a cruise vacation might cause problems and make you feel uncomfortable then people just won't cruise. I know many cheerleaders will careless but the bottom line is less people cruising especially in this economy where people want more for their dollar not less. Well good luck to all the cheerleaders you will be paying more for that floating money maker vacation and receiving less, it has already started in many ways in the last couple of years.

Soon room service fees and room steward duties will be making the bed only once a day and that ice . Well be prepared to pay for it from room service. Laugh now , cause they have to make money!!! and of course no big deal the cheerleaders will gladiy pay for it after all, there is nothing i mean nothing that can stop them from cruising again.

No, I think you misunderstood... the uprising was happening on the ship, not in the port.

There was civil unrest in Honduras at the time of this sailing and I think that's why they missed the port. We were on the Liberty the first week of June and heard about the unrest taking place there just before we left. We still stopped in Roatan, though. It must have gotten bad or closer to Roatan for Carnival to take this port off the itinerary.

Don't know about anyone else, but I appreciate them thinking about my safety! We've been on other cruises where one or more ports were missed because of a hurricane or other reasons...and we certainly didn't have civil unrest onboard because of it. Good grief! There's always one or two who can get a crowd going about something.

The bazillion or so users of the internet all over the world are all under arrest for copy and paste' date=' printing recipes, copying photos of cruise ships, airplanes, dogs, food and everything else.

I surrender. I'll be the first test case......arrest me already.[/quote']

The point was..that this harpie is so spiteful that she could make a stink if her video was lifted and posted as someone elses'.. not as an embed, not as a link.. but copied..

Personally I dont care .. just dont want my fellow cc'rs getting any grief

I gotta tell ya. If I had been on that cruise' date=' I'd have picked up a nice cocktail or two, found a comfortable chair nearby (there are plenty in that area), got my camera ready and enjoyed the show. It would be a great way to idle away an hour or so - [i']nothing beats the human comedy show put on, at times, by my fellow human beings.[/i]

It's like road rage. They have no self-control and no idea if what they are doing or saying is correct or not. They are unable to think things through...they don't have the mental capacity...

LOL!!! Well said, G'ma! You articulated that very well. You said everything I would have liked to say and more. Unfortunately, my response wasn't as smooth ~ I was so mad after watching the video, all I could muster was "those, those DUMB people"! My favorite quote is "...the human conditions as it applies to certain segments of our society." LOL!!! Cracks me up! Do you mind if I put that on a post-it note on my refrigerator? :) Best wishes!

Your remark that none of those people will ever grace the hallways of Carnival owned ship again is probably true. Cruise cheerleaders will always be that no matter what happens on the ship they will remain happy, people fall overboard laugh it off , no big deal right? Miss ports no problem, no big deal right? , but heaven forbid run out of coffee or beer and there would be a riot!. Makes me laugh that you can pay good money and you might not receive what is advertized in their fancy booklets. There is all types of vacations available obviously and the more likelyhood of not receiving what most assume you do get is going to stop a lot of people from crusing again., and that is the plain truth of the matter,

But again to the cruise cheerleaders no big deal right, maybe there will be more room for you on the ships now when they sail 75% full., but remember they still have to make MONEY!!!!!! off you somehow , so expect more cutbacks in the future and that is the plain TRUTH! of the matter.

Well, this incident has nothing to do with cutbacks or cheerleaders. It has to do with a decision that was made with the safety of the ship and it's passengers in mind. It wasn't running out of coffee (never has happened on any cruise I've ever been on), running out of beer (same) or pretty pictures in a brochure.

It's about a handful of disgruntled adults acting like juveniles...and disrupting the enjoyment of others, causing consternation among the crew and, no doubt, dozens of communications between the ship, the corporate office, law enforcement and others.

It's about being totally unprepared to leave the comfort of home, to experience the snags that can happen anytime one leaves that comfort zone and who obviously didn't bother doing any research, didn't read any information such as what's found in the basic "Know before you go" info that comes with documents...much less the passenger contract.....who have NO respect for themselves, other passengers, anything security might say, any communication from the Master of the Vessel. They prance around, shouting and being outraged and end up looking like fools in their effort to be the "center or attention"

They appear to be people with the intelligent quotient of a box of rocks, fearful and ignorant.....whose self esteem is so low that the only way they can garner any attention at all is by making azzzezzz out of themselves. They probably do that regularly.

There's an old saying that goes something like "in any situation, 10% of the people will never get the word"...... They live their entire lives in unreality, or an enclosed environment, or have never been more than 100 miles from home or are surrounded by those just like themselves so don't have a compass to guide by once out in the real world......

So, they end up being plastered all over public venues with lots of people laughing and snarking at them....and get all pushed out of shape. In reality, they have no idea why they are being laughed at........

Some folks maintain that a vacant mind is the devils workshop.... Another says a vacant mind invites dangerous inmates.

Either would apply.....

Well' date=' this incident has nothing to do with cutbacks or cheerleaders. It has to do with a decision that was made with the safety of the ship and it's passengers in mind. It wasn't running out of coffee (never has happened on any cruise I've ever been on), running out of beer (same) or pretty pictures in a brochure.

It's about a handful of disgruntled adults acting like juveniles...and disrupting the enjoyment of others, causing consternation among the crew and, no doubt, dozens of communications between the ship, the corporate office, law enforcement and others.

It's about being totally unprepared to leave the comfort of home, to experience the snags that can happen anytime one leaves that comfort zone and who obviously didn't bother doing any research, didn't read any information such as what's found in the basic "Know before you go" info that comes with documents...much less the passenger contract.....who have NO respect for themselves, other passengers, anything security might say, any communication from the Master of the Vessel. They prance around, shouting and being outraged and end up looking like fools in their effort to be the "center or attention"

They appear to be people with the intelligent quotient of a box of rocks, fearful and ignorant.....whose self esteem is so low that the only way they can garner any attention at all is by making azzzezzz out of themselves. They probably do that regularly.

There's an old saying that goes something like "in any situation, 10% of the people will never get the word"...... They live their entire lives in unreality, or an enclosed environment, or have never been more than 100 miles from home or are surrounded by those just like themselves so don't have a compass to guide by once out in the real world......

So, they end up being plastered all over public venues with lots of people laughing and snarking at them....and get all pushed out of shape. In reality, they have no idea why they are being laughed at........

Some folks maintain that a vacant mind is the devils workshop.... Another says a vacant mind invites dangerous inmates.

Either would apply.....[/quote']

You go, G'ma!!! :) Right on!!!

Yes i bet they might be embarassed to be part of it too. But they were, so they must of felt they were missing out on what they paid for and the most likely they may not cruise again. Also people go on vacation to relax with no problems arising, If a cruise vacation might cause problems and make you feel uncomfortable then people just won't cruise. I know many cheerleaders will careless but the bottom line is less people cruising especially in this economy where people want more for their dollar not less. Well good luck to all the cheerleaders you will be paying more for that floating money maker vacation and receiving less, it has already started in many ways in the last couple of years.

Soon room service fees and room steward duties will be making the bed only once a day and that ice . Well be prepared to pay for it from room service. Laugh now , cause they have to make money!!! and of course no big deal the cheerleaders will gladiy pay for it after all, there is nothing i mean nothing that can stop them from cruising again.

You must trust those of us here who are regular, seasoned, veteran cruisers.....

Nobody at Carnival will ever, ever miss any of those people...or any who think like them...or any who act like them.....

Neither will the passengers on the ships.

We don't cruise to put up with this type of infantile behavior.

The point was..that this harpie is so spiteful that she could make a stink if her video was lifted and posted as someone elses'.. not as an embed, not as a link.. but copied..

Personally I dont care .. just dont want my fellow cc'rs getting any grief

True........

But, no worries.

I don't think yoyo or whatever her name is would like this all aired out in public......

Archived