Malta-Hypogeum... Will I make it back to the port on time?

Hiiii everybody!

I have tickets to see the Hypogeum in Malta on 9/22/09 at 1pm. However... the ship departs at 3pm. I have been reading the the tour lasts an hour... so until 2pm for me.

Can anyone tell me if I am cutting it too close????? Malta sounds beautiful... but I'd like to make it back to the ship to see the next port LOL.

Would anybody be able to advise me on this????

Thank you soooooo much!!!!

~gina

You'd have to take a taxi - the trip would take about 15 min.

But I don't think there is a taxi stand there so you would have to go there by taxi and have it wait for you.

What are your plans for the day ?

You'd have to take a taxi - the trip would take about 15 min.

But I don't think there is a taxi stand there so you would have to go there by taxi and have it wait for you.

What are your plans for the day ?

Not sure what my plans for the day are... i have no problem having the taxi wait outside... or make plans for it to come back. I'm just super excited about this. I was just bummed that the 10 am and 11 am were already totally booked and its two and a half months away. i want to make sure i see the co cathedral and just walk around and see the city for what it is. but i just really needed to know the travel time between the hypogeum and the waterfront. as long as i am back to the ship by 2:30 i think i am good. i've been googling for over an hour and couldnt find anything about travel time. THANKS!!!!

It really is just a 15-minute taxi ride, so you should not have any worries at all. It also is awesome and worth the trouble!!:) (We took a bus back from the nearby Tarxien Temples last month after our Hypogeum visit, and it had us back at the bus circle outside the Old Town Valletta in 10 minutes.)

Enjoy your visit; we had a wonderful day visiting the Hypogeum, the Co-Cathedral, the Archaelogical Museum and the Barracca Gardens. We must return for more!

Keep in mind if the ship leave at 3pm you have to be there before 2:30pm

because that the time they pull up the bridge and then you are to late to get onboard.

I would not take that risk, your time is to short.

Even you get a taxi, if he get a flat tire belief me you will mis the boat.

I agree that having a taxi wait for you makes this very doable. You are leaving yourself an hour to take a 15 min trip so you are giving yourself a cushion. The taxi driver will know that you are in a hurry to get back to the ship.

DO take the port agent contact with you--and maybe even ask on the ship if there is someone else you can contact in case you get delayed.

You are really looking forward to this and should not miss it.

If you are still concerned about missing the ship just look at the next port and have a back-up plan to meet the ship at the next port. Flights with-in Europe can be reasonable--as are ferries and trains. Do your homework and enjoy your cruise.

Archived