Walking from Hilton Riverside

sea_u_onboard

We are thinking of booking rooms at the Hilton Riverside in July. We are sailing with my SIL & BIL. Not knowing how the traffic situation is going to be at the pier (with construction of the parking structure) we want to have a back-up plan.

My DH and I have discussed staying at the Hilton, then on Sunday packing all the luggage in the back of our truck. All of use can ride in the truck (seats 6). This way we can leave their car (BIL & SIL) at the Hilton. We will wait in the line to drop off the luggage and then DH and BIL will drive the truck back and park it at the Hilton while the rest of us wait with the luggage. Then DH and BIL are going to walk back to the pier.

1) What is the best way for them to get back to the pier? I hear you can walk through the Riverwalk.

2) How long do you think it will take them to walk back?

If we decide to all walk back to the hotel when we return (we are going to slim down on the luggage) ----

3) Are there any obstacles to walking back - ie... stairs or things that might make it difficult.

We would just all walk down to get on the ship but we are taking some drinks and water and I am also packing a box for the kids in Cozumel - so there will be too much to trek over.

Thanks -----

Hi Cheryl, I wanted to let you know that it is a fairly easy walk back to the pier from the Hilton. The Riverwalk mall is nice and should take you about 15-20 minutes togo through. I think you can actually get right up to the ship if you exit the mall on the river side at the end of the food court. It's a small entrance that not too many people know about. You will walk above the cruise terminal. The riverwalk has escalators and elevators. It is a very easy walk, I've done it many times even with my young kids. If you need more info, let me know.

Dave

Thanks Dave

I was going to try and arrange a chat on Sunday but it is just too much with the holidays coming. I may try for this coming Sunday - since some of the stress will be off.

I'm glad to hear it's not too bad. We will be there the day before so we will probably make a dry run. I don't think we will have a choice about sitting in line to drop off - we will probably have about 4 boxes between the 6 of us - filled with soda, beer and water - along with the goodies for the Cozumel kids.

Now all I have to do is call the hotel and see if they are going to offer the cruise special in 2005.

Archived