Rotterdam Questions

jrcooper

We are thinking about sailing on the Rotterdam next April, and it will be our first time to cruise with HAL, so I have a few questions.

Is wifi available in the cabins? Also, are there refrigerators in the oceanview cabins? We are considering a category D midship cabin--is that a good choice?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Jan

The Rotterdam is an excellent choice to sail! At least, she is in her current configuration. She will be undergoing some rebuilding in November/December, and we're not sure yet what she will look like when that's done.

The D-category cabin, mid-ship, is good. That's low, and center, so it's a smoother ride, should things get rough.

Yes, there's Wi-fi in the cabins, although some have better reception than others. You can also connect from public areas, if that's more comfortable.

I have almost 100 days on this Rotterdam, with 32 more booked. I think I like this ship. Hope you do, too.

There's no fridge in the outside and inside cabins, although one can be rented for $2.00/day. It would be placed under the desk, making it difficult to sit and do make-up. It also uses the electric outlet on the desk (the only outlet).

thanks Ruth for that little tidbit re lack of fridge

in the HAL brochure description, I noted that outside cabins had no mention of the fridge but I really hoped that was just a printing mistake

obviously not!

we will be having an outside but I did presume I would have a fridge (on other cruise lines there were room fridges,even inside cabins)

we will be having an outside but I did presume I would have a fridge (on other cruise lines there were room fridges,even inside cabins)

Here's the breakdown of HAL-provided fridges:

In the Vista and Signature classes, and the Prinsendam, all cabins have a fridge.

On the S- and R-classes, every cabin with a balcony has a fridge. The other cabins can rent one for $2.00/day.

Is wifi available in the cabins?
The closer you are to one of these white conical antennas, whether in your cabin or in a public area, the better your wifi connection will be. In hallways they are usually spaced about 12 to 15 cabins apart.

If your cabin signal is weak try propping the door open and inch or so, and/or sit near the door.

attachment.php?attachmentid=106854&d=1235329145

Archived