No more free drinks at Captain's Party?

Froufie

just off the valor last week. captains' party had one dollar

off drinks. farewell party had freebies for an hour, on last night.

had a couple glasses of wine myself!!

just off the valor last week. captains' party had one dollar

off drinks. farewell party had freebies for an hour, on last night.

had a couple glasses of wine myself!!

What did you think?

Was the Captain's Party well attended?

What did they do at the farewell party?

Pop over to his blog and post this to him - that you personally experienced this and ask him to investigate after he just said they weren't doing away with it. He likes to "debunk" CC rumors, so maybe if it came directly from you who experienced it and not someone else he'll look into it. :)

He's a busy guy and doesn't always get the info right - he can't always know it all. But maybe he will correspond with the ship and find out what is going on, if they are testing this, etc.

Thank you. How do I do that? I have never talked to a host before.

Thank you. How do I do that? I have never talked to a host before.

You can go directly to John's blog - www.johnhealdsblog.com

At the bottom of each blog entry there is a place to submit comments - just fill out the form and submit. Mark your entry "please reply" at the top and John will answer on his blog in a few days.

Sorry to hear about the pins-I have 11 of them and wanted the 12th this coming December when we cruise on The Dream. I guess Carnival is more interested in cutting costs rather than keeping past guests happy with the small things-like pins.

Maybe the'll do it for a NEW ship? One can hope. We did not receive a pin in my last 3 cruises. :confused:

You can go directly to John's blog - www.johnhealdsblog.com

At the bottom of each blog entry there is a place to submit comments - just fill out the form and submit. Mark your entry "please reply" at the top and John will answer on his blog in a few days.

Thanks! I am going to try this now. This has been an interesting thread. I am glad to see everyone got their frustrations out and we're being being nice again :) It is SO MUCH BETTER this way. Maybe we all need a CRUISE!!!!

Maybe the'll do it for a NEW ship? One can hope. We did not receive a pin in my last 3 cruises. :confused:

You know, getting those little pins made me feel happy.

I really liked them.

How much do you think they are saving by eliminating them?

Wow, some interesting views on the thread. Personnally, I think there are some people being much too defensive on their drink habits. Sure I like the free drinks, but I'm not one of those who have to stand by the door to get a drink everytime the waiter comes out with a new tray or someone who has to try and knock back as many as I can. I find that kind of pathetic and ruins the spirit of the event. And for those who say, "well I paid $800 for this cruise, so I'm entitled to those free drinks," so did those who don't act like a complete pig at the event. If it keeps the cost of cruising down, I'm more then fine with losing the free drinks at the cocktail party. They just aren't that important to me.

ThanksI am glad to see everyone got their frustrations out and we're being being nice again :) It is SO MUCH BETTER this way. Maybe we all need a CRUISE!!!!

We haven't changed! We just moved the judgment discussion to a thread about video games in the Cabin.

We haven't changed! We just moved the judgment discussion to a thread about video games in the Cabin.

LOL - can't wait to read that one later tonight after work. :p Should be some great entertainment if it's still around.

Just off the 5day to Canada on Triumph. We did get the cute little pins and we did have drinks at the captains party in the Rio Lounge. They seemed to circulate with their trays of drinkie-poos nicely and everyone was happy happy. NOW the past guest party was a whole nother thing. :mad: It was in the Rome Theatre and they did not circulate with drinks or appetizers in our row at all until someone got up and said something to a crew member standing on the side. We got one drink and they really could have kept the appetizers and we wouldn't have minded a bit. They were not good - they were not even edible actually. Then we saw the same tired video thanking us for being on board. Honestly, just do it well or don't do it at all.

Thanks! I am going to try this now. This has been an interesting thread. I am glad to see everyone got their frustrations out and we're being being nice again :) It is SO MUCH BETTER this way. Maybe we all need a CRUISE!!!!

I like that when can we all go. From where a nd to what ports. Sounds good to me. It is so much better when we all get a long. Better than my boys.:eek:

Archived