Carnival to make a bid for Royal?

Wow, that is a very self confident viewpoint. Forums are intended for people to discuss things of interest to them. Some people find this particular topic interesting, whether it has great substance or not. No one is misleading anyone; we are just expressing opinions and conjecture as are you. If you find the discourse offensive or annoying, you could simply avoid clicking on the link. Your points regarding the original topic are not without merit, however it is not really necessary to demean opinons with which you do not agree in order to make your point.

By the way, I heard that the US and Mexico are going to merge. It is Obama's way of dealing with the illegal immigration problem.

It is not a self-confident viewpoint. I am merely pointing out facts so that people wandering onto this thread do not become confused and think there is a possibility of CCL acquiring RCL.

If someone posted a comment that Royal Caribbean was now charging $14.95 for all steak in the main dining room I would likewise point out that it is a false rumor and that it is only for an upgraded steak. No different than what is occurring here. If it is "demeaning" to point it out when someone is wrong so that others are not misled, I apologize. This thread should be in the float-away-lounge since it is about a fictional article. :rolleyes:

This thread should be in the float-away-lounge since it is about a fictional article. :rolleyes:

The article was real, I read it. How do you know it's not true anymore then someone else who thinks it's true?

It's a good lesson in general to learn this from the article....loyalty to any one entity doesn't pay because any company can go under or merge and you'd loose all that loyalty. Pick a cruise you like based on itinerary, ports, price, cabins, amenities and stop the blind loyalty.

It is not a self-confident viewpoint. I am merely pointing out facts so that people wandering onto this thread do not become confused and think there is a possibility of CCL acquiring RCL.

If someone posted a comment that Royal Caribbean was now charging $14.95 for all steak in the main dining room I would likewise point out that it is a false rumor and that it is only for an upgraded steak. No different than what is occurring here. If it is "demeaning" to point it out when someone is wrong so that others are not misled, I apologize. This thread should be in the float-away-lounge since it is about a fictional article. :rolleyes:

Geez Gonzo.Lighten Up:).You are usually fun,but sometimes you act like we are a bunch of Dummies

Geez Gonzo.Lighten Up:).You are usually fun,but sometimes you act like we are a bunch of Dummies

Can't be true, so of course it's fiction. :rolleyes:

Unless he wrote it and knows more than us. :eek:

I am not sure if I would blame "the press" (it appears to just be mentioned on the one link you provided). I highly doubt there is any truth to this rumor. There are several factors working against it:

1) Such a takeover would likely be deemed a monopoly and would have a hard time gaining approval.

2) Royal Caribbean is in massive debt and is struggling financially - these are factors that make it not so attractive as an acquisition.

3) The proposed price for the takeover seems crazy given the current state of Royal Caribbean's finances. It likely would be suicide for Carnival Corp. to pay up that much.

4) RCL's stock is down today; if there were any truth to a possibility of it being purchased for more than double it's current price the stock would be up sharply today.

5) If there were truth to this rumor it would be carried on several different media sources.

It sure would make more headlines than some obscure website....

I don't see Carnival "taking over" Royal...way too much debt and I don't think they'd want anything to do with those monstrosities Oasis and Allure. I could see them buying a few ships, however...maybe rebranding them to Carnival or one of the others.....cheaper than new builds.

Arison is too smart to incur all the debt anyway...to say nothing about anti-trust laws. They had the fight of their life getting Princess.....

Could it be they simply want The Oasis and The Allure? Those ships will turn the industry on its ear. You've got to know RCI stock is going to go up once Oasis comes on line. I can't imagine any stock holder even considering this, at least until after the Oasis makes her debut.

You're kidding, right?

Oasis and Allure are two of the biggest mistakes Royal ever made. While Oasis might enjoy a few good seasons because of peoples curiosity...no serious cruiser would do it more than once. Not many cruise vets are interesting in a floating shopping mall/amusement park....filled with "for-fee" venues.

Perhaps Dubai will buy 'em and dock them somewhere for a hotel resort.... They sure have nothing to do with cruising..other than that they float.

>>I'm not that familiar with NCL's parent but didn't NCL have to cancel the twin to the Norweigan Epic?<<

Yes, by the CNBC show Cruise Inc, Peter Greenberg did say that the 2nd ship was scrapped.

And, it cost them 200 million to buy out of the contract......

The article was real, I read it. How do you know it's not true anymore then someone else who thinks it's true?

It's a good lesson in general to learn this from the article....loyalty to any one entity doesn't pay because any company can go under or merge and you'd loose all that loyalty. Pick a cruise you like based on itinerary, ports, price, cabins, amenities and stop the blind loyalty.

Being an adult....of a certain age, with all my faculties, a fine mind and a good grasp of the English language....and having been around the block a few times, I never believe anything I read in the "news" or online unless I can find at least 2 other reliable sources.....

Just because it's printed somewhere...or because someone recognizable says something doesn't make it true.

Again, I am not trying to demean anybody. I am simply trying to prevent people from looking at this thread and becoming confused. Sometimes misinformation is posted on these boards that leads to confusion (i.e. the $14.95 Chops steak being minsinterpreted as charge for all steak in the main dining room or another example would be somebody stating two bottles of wine may be brought in board because they mistake Royal's policy with Celebrities). I am not sure why people are flaming me for nipping a false rumor in the bud so that more people do not become confused, but I do not care. I will continue to speak up when I see a false rumor being spread on this board to try to minimize the impact the rumor has.

Mabe just a slow news day. They have to talk about something

How can anyone talk about such things when you should be glued to your set watching the Michael Jackson Memorial news marathon.

Unless someone can point to a definite source for this speculation (other than the first cited), this thread should go poof.

There may be some who will read this, assume it is true, and buy RCL stock on that basis.

Unless someone can point to a definite source for this speculation (other than the first cited), this thread should go poof.

There may be some who will read this, assume it is true, and buy RCL stock on that basis.

And if they do, they deserve everything they get. I hope you're joking!

How can anyone talk about such things when you should be glued to your set watching the Michael Jackson Memorial news marathon.

That reminds me about the rumors 6 months ago about MJ only having 6 months to live, and how they were poo pooed.

Oasis and Allure are two of the biggest mistakes Royal ever made. While Oasis might enjoy a few good seasons because of peoples curiosity...no serious cruiser would do it more than once. Not many cruise vets are interesting in a floating shopping mall/amusement park....filled with "for-fee" venues.

I agree and wouldn't even think of sailing on either of these ships.

Being an adult....of a certain age' date=' with all my faculties, a fine mind and a good grasp of the English language....and having been around the block a few times, I never believe anything I read in the "news" or online unless I can find at least 2 other [b']reliable[/b] sources.....

Just because it's printed somewhere...or because someone recognizable says something doesn't make it true.

It doesn't mean it's false either, we really don't know. I don't know seems so hard for some people to admit.

You're kidding' date=' right?

Perhaps Dubai will buy 'em and dock them somewhere for a hotel resort.... They sure have nothing to do with cruising..other than that they float.[/quote']

Well now that G'ma has said it, it must be true. Spoken like a true Carnivore cheerleader. Love that word Carnivore. Have seen it used on here more than a few times. Any Royal ship would be an enhancement to the Carnivore fleet.

Could you imagine what Carnivore would do with the Oasis? Turn Central Park into a pig racing arena and Boardwalk/Aqua theatre into a mega tractor pull arena. Oh the horror.:eek::eek:

I think it would be more likely that Disney would add RCL to its holdings than Carnival though I can't see anyone wanting to touch Royal since Oasis' could very likely turn out to be a huge failure --------BT

I agree....I think the Oasis might have been a big mistake on RC's part. I hope not, though. I think they'll have problems filling that ship, especially with the ports it will be visiting.:confused:

Being an adult....of a certain age' date=' with all my faculties, a fine mind and a good grasp of the English language....and having been around the block a few times, I never believe anything I read in the "news" or online unless I can find at least 2 other [b']reliable[/b] sources.....

I've kept Googling to find reliable sources to corroborate the OP's article and have not found any. The only other mention is the Yahoo message board on RCL's stock that links to the original article. Other feelers that I have put out have not turned up anything.

Could you imagine what Carnivore would do with the Oasis? Turn Central

Park into a pig racing arena and Boardwalk/Aqua theatre into a mega tractor pull arena. Oh the horror.:eek::eek:

Wow. There is nothing I can say that isn't against the board guidelines here.

Wasnt there a rumor floating around here a few months ago about Disney wanting to buy RCI too...??

You might have to search in Floataway. Perhaps that was requested to be moved as well. :D

Well now that G'ma has said it, it must be true. Spoken like a true Carnivore cheerleader. Love that word Carnivore. Have seen it used on here more than a few times. Any Royal ship would be an enhancement to the Carnivore fleet.

Could you imagine what Carnivore would do with the Oasis? Turn Central Park into a pig racing arena and Boardwalk/Aqua theatre into a mega tractor pull arena. Oh the horror.:eek::eek:

Well at least you wouldn't get Mugged at a tractor pull like crime riddened Central Park.And The Drawing of the Oasis Boardwalk looks like a Pig Sty compared to the ones on Land

You're kidding' date=' right?

Perhaps Dubai will buy 'em and dock them somewhere for a hotel resort.... They sure have nothing to do with cruising..other than that they float.[/quote']

For once you are right

Archived