No more gala buffet??

taffy12

Granted, the gala buffet lost its appeal after the first couple of cruises we took, but still, we were miffed on Glory this past week to learn that it's no longer done. Is this true of all Carnival ships?? Why would they do away with a cruising classic??

Granted, the gala buffet lost its appeal after the first couple of cruises we took, but still, we were miffed on Glory this past week to learn that it's no longer done. Is this true of all Carnival ships?? Why would they do away with a cruising classic??

as far as I know, they did away with them last fall. cost cutting measure. Most people took pics but didn't eat, so they stopped doing it because of the waste. I miss it too, but I was guilty of only taking pics and not coming back to eat later. :o we choose late dinner seating and there is just no room a couple hours later to eat again!

Yes they did get rid of it fleet wide. We only got to see it once. We did enjoy it. I can understand why though they got rid of it. Carnival and other lines are really cutting back on alot of stuff lately.

while it was fun seeing it, it was a colossal waste of food and labor.

It should be illegal to waste that much food.

I am OK if they keep some of the artistic stuff on their specialty buffets like the Mexican buffet or the chocolate buffet, but to have hundreds of pounds of food prepared for show and very little of it gets eaten, it is a shame.

I am glad they are gone.It was sick to see people line up like pigs at a trough and gourge themselves that late at night.It one thing to try a little thing or two,but heaping plates is not healthy.:rolleyes:

Steve

I am glad they are gone.It was sick to see people line up like pigs at a trough and gourge themselves that late at night.It one thing to try a little thing or two,but heaping plates is not healthy.:rolleyes:

Steve

Odd that you would mention that, most of the comments last year were that noone was eating the food only looking at it and large amounts of food were being wasted. I remember on the Holiday people were looking but noone was eating any of the stuff. Splendor last November didn't have it.

Nobody ate it because the food was disgusting! It was like the late-night gelatinous surprise buffet. Yuck.

I enjoy seeing the watermelon and ice carvings around the buffet at random times during the week. I think they are still able to showcase some of the interesting food art things they can do without the "gala". I didn't miss it at all.

The same reason other things in the world are changing. Cost!, is the reason for most things changing or going away. What ever you do, don't say the you will be will to pay a couple of extra $ to keep it. People on this site see something like that and it is like blood in the water to a shark. They will attack from all directions. We just need to reality that for the good or bad things are going to be changing a lot in the future do to costs. It was always fun to look at, but I would rather it go away than possiably losing something else.

The gala "DISPLAY" buffet is gone due to LACK of interest in the food. FOOD is available in the Lido buffet at 11:30 each evening on each ship. For those 'suffering' from hunger, there is plenty of hot food to EAT at that time. And if photos are ultra important to you, there are some fruit carvings in the buffet area at lunch, dinner, and midnite.

I am also one who took pictures but never ate anything. I did see people filling their plates though and then saw plates that were left with tons of food on them.

I think a lot of the waste was eyes being bigger than stomachs. I don't miss this at all. There is a lot of food for those who want to eat at night.

Yes they did get rid of it fleet wide. We only got to see it once. We did enjoy it. I can understand why though they got rid of it. Carnival and other lines are really cutting back on alot of stuff lately.

Like what else has Carnival cut back on?

Like what else has Carnival cut back on?

wellll, I heard they cut out the free drinks and appetizers at captain's party, but no big deal for me. It seemed to be a lot of hassle to go to for the free drink anyway.:rolleyes: Last year they cut off the fruit punch at Lido buffet - that sure mixed well with the contents of my Rum Runners!:p (could be a clue as to why it is now gone - I'm not the only one that knew that trick!) If by doing those small things is part of what helped me save $400 on my balcony room this year over last - I am all for it!:D Oh yeah, my DH turning into a "senior" this summer helped a little too;)

Archived