Med clothing in november

Looking for someone who HAS BEEN on a cruise in the Mediterannean (spelling?) in the last half of November. What is worn ON BOARD? I'm not talking about formal night. I'm talking about all other times. I'm a seasoned cruiser but haven't been to the Med or cruised in the fall. I usually cruise in January. Are the public areas air conditioned and on the cold side, or do they have heat on? I'm sure that can depend on the weather outside, bug generally speaking... Do you see a lot of sweaters and blazers? I'll be on Princess. HELP!!!

I cruised on Princess to the Med in November 2006. (Our cruise ended the day before Thanksgiving.)

I think they keep the air temperature pretty much the same inside, no matter what the temps are outside. I don't remember ever being hot -- or cold -- on any particular evening indoors. That said, my attire for "smart casual" nights was usually dressy black pants and some type of lightweight jacket (I brought a couple of different silk jackets in different colors) or a long-sleeved dressy blouse with a wrap.

Since we were in port most days, I can't say that I spent a lot of time during the day on deck. In the morning, I generally threw on some sweats to go get breakfast at the buffet early before going sightseeing for the day. The actual temperature outdoors will partly depend on your itinerary. We did the Eastern Med and Egypt. It was moderate to warm in Naples, Athens, Mykonos, and Ephesus, a little cooler in Rome and Istanbul. And much warmer (but not unpleasant) in Egypt.

For tours ashore, I tried to bring a variety of things -- a couple of sweaters, black pants (casual), dressy jeans, one pair of capris (for Egypt). Long and short-sleeved t-shirts, things I could mix and match. I brought a 3/4 rain jacket with hood and zip-out liner, but I have to say that except for our post-Rome stay, I didn't really need it on the cruise itself. Good walking shoes are probably as important as any item of clothing!

We had a balcony and used it a lot for sailaways and just relaxing after coming back from a long day ashore. I don't remember being chilly outside on it except at night when we were underway. (My mom, on the other hand, is from Florida and she was definitely chilly at night on the balcony...)

Hope this helps!

Cruised the Med in November from Venice to Barcelona.

We had mostly warm and sunny days with the exception of Florence.

A light jacket...hoodie would have been felt really nice.....too bad we

didn't bring one.

I guess I always wanted a sweat shirt with "Florence" on it.....LOL:D

We sailed eastern med last year in late november. It was rainy and cold in Rome, everywhere else the weather was quite nice. Mostly jeans/capris with long sleeved or short sleeved t-shirts. I took a light rain jacket, but mostly used it for Rome.

I would just take layers as you can't quite predict the weather! Enjoy your cruise, most places we were the only ship in port so it was a lot less crowded.

Thanks to all for your input. Sounds like there's a good chance it might be warmer than I figured. I know it's that in-between season and you never know what to expect. Will have to take your advice and come prepared for anything!

Just found this thread, very helpful as we are doing the Holy Land cruise ending day after Thanksgiving. I have been planning on summer weight capri outfits for the tours and pants and jackets for the dining room. Looks like I planned correctly. I figured since I wore carpis for the tours in the Baltic in Sept they would be fine for the Med in Nov. I am from MN so tend to not feel the cold as others do from warmer climates.

Thanks for this info.

One question...did anyone use the pool on sea days. We will be on the Royal Princess with only one pool and it isn't covered?

My question is similar. Thinking about a transatlantic cruise leaving Sept 2 from Eng. then Ireland, France and Iceland back to Boston I've only cruised to the Caribbean. I'm thinking "how am I ever going to be able to pack light when I'll need long pants, sweaters, jackets. etc" and packing for 15 days." I have no idea what to wear during the days. Would jeans be ok? please help!!!!!!!!!!

Archived